New CPC RDOs

bdlb26

I ♥ pointSixtyFive
Curious how other small facilities do this:

In the past when a trainee certified they would put out a "bid" for whatever new line they wanted to open. If nobody takes it, then the new CPC goes there. Now they're saying when a trainee certifies they never change days off. If their line is now tripped and they need someone to move, it would go to the lowest seniority person on that line. Is this the right way to do it?

Article 32 states that developmentals bid independently of the CPCs so it would seem they should be put on a CPC line upon certification. They're now referencing Article 46: Realignment of Work Force, which basically sounds like lowest seniority moves if nobody else wants to.

Typically we have new CPCs stay on the same RDOs they had as a developmental. However, I just made CPC and they made me switch days because of “staffing and people on the other side of the schedule could complain”. They did not put the days they switch me to up for bid, they just switched me to them.

We make the RDOs available for bid but we start at the lowest person would NOT have had the chance to bid those. For example we had a Dev on Sat/Sun check out recently. The #1, #3 and #4 people had the chance to bid Sat/Sun for 2019 but didn't take it (#2 took the 1st Sat/Sun slot), therefore new bidding started at the #5 person and was asked if they wanted it. They did not, and neither did #6 or #7. The new CPC is actually #8 now after our Section 804 losses so he ended up keeping Sat/Sun. When we bid for 2020 he'll probably even get to keep it.

I don't have the slate in front of me but I thought it read something along the lines that if all CPC lines are filled and a Dev becomes a CPC, a negotiated line shall be created between mgmt and the local for that newly certified CPC.The new CPC will ride that line for remainder of the year or until a core line opens up under the BWS. So if the facility has a 15 line core that is fully staffed, and a Dev certifies to make 16, that 16th line is negotiated for that new CPC. If someone retires/transfers, or leaves some other way that has a core line in that 15, that line shall go up to bid in Seniority order. Once that line is taken, their old line shall fall to the newly certified CPC on the negotiated line and the negotiated line is gone.

I don't have the slate in front of me but I thought it read something along the lines that if all CPC lines are filled and a Dev becomes a CPC, a negotiated line shall be created between mgmt and the local for that newly certified CPC.The new CPC will ride that line for remainder of the year or until a core line opens up under the BWS. So if the facility has a 15 line core that is fully staffed, and a Dev certifies to make 16, that 16th line is negotiated for that new CPC. If someone retires/transfers, or leaves some other way that has a core line in that 15, that line shall go up to bid in Seniority order. Once that line is taken, their old line shall fall to the newly certified CPC on the negotiated line and the negotiated line is gone.

Our local MOU has verbiage similar to that. But it was signed by our NATCA President, ATM, and is missing whatever the last signature is from up above. So basically they're saying its trash. 7 people have certified in the last year and they've all done it that way. Now they want to change it to accommodate the newest person to keep their days.

Its up the the FACREP & ATM to collaborate on an addition to the BWS. Most small facilities do not have procedures spelled out in their MOU for it. Obviously you may be in a situation where the trainee has a sweet line that you want, and now suddenly they arent bidding it this time, or vice versa. There is really nothing you can do about that other than appeal to the fariness and integrity of your rep. Unfortunately some have none. The arbitrary nature of things can lead to many butthurt feelings. The more things are tied down in an MOU and people know where they stand, the better. Lots of nepotism, croneyism, favoritism, scamming, and other shenangians occur otherwise. Welcome to the club!

We dont allow CPC-ITs/Devs to bid separately from CPCs because there are a bunch of salty old scumfucks here who would flip their fucking shit if a degenerate trainee who didnt earn weekends off yet was somehow allowed to bid for a weekend line

We dont allow CPC-ITs/Devs to bid separately from CPCs because there are a bunch of salty old scumfucks here who would flip their fucking shit if a degenerate trainee who didnt earn weekends off yet was somehow allowed to bid for a weekend line

We do the same thing but not really for that reason. Our training time isn't very long so basically everyone bids like they are a CPC and if we decide to move someones days for better training then as soon as they certify they move back to the days they originally bid. Not sure how by the book that is but it makes everyone happy.

Our trainees get stay on whatever days they bid as a trainee "unless an enbalance exists" after they certify. Never use to do that until a CPC IT came and raised a stink. Now all our new checkouts generally get to stay on prime RDOs.

We have 4 trainees and they're planning to keep us all on same RDOs once we certify and then bid for the next year at the normal time with all of us as CPC

This is the one shining thing about the asinine training times these days. Being a CPC-IT with a little bit of seniority I'll get to enjoy a prime line for at least a couple years.

Training sucks but at least I get to day drink on a Saturday like a normal human being.

Back
Top Bottom