November (Q1) 2021

Just wait till you get picked up at a facility you think you want to be at and realize just how fucking good you had it at the place you were leaving. It's a feeling like no other.
I know I will never have it as good as I have it now, but that pay is so enticing! Bank money then ERR back? Who knows.

Just wait till you get picked up at a facility you think you want to be at and realize just how fucking good you had it at the place you were leaving. It's a feeling like no other.
Haha I’m just trying to get to the area and that alone would increase my family life enough to make it worth it. I literally don’t have any connections where I am so it would be nice to be somewhere with family.

Haha I’m just trying to get to the area and that alone would increase my family life enough to make it worth it. I literally don’t have any connections where I am so it would be nice to be somewhere with family.
Haha ya similar story then I suddenly remembered my family and the associated drama annoys the piss out of me, and now I want to keep my new family at arms distance from all that.

Brightside ya my good of outside of work friends are in the area so I at least get to hang out with the boys on occasion.

UPDATE
NCEPT Panel date is now 11/5. Rules are posted as well.

November NCEPT temporary modifications

Round 1:

• Gaining facility must be below 85% current % CPC to target and below the National projected % to target* (ref. column AA of PPT).
  • Releasing facility must be at or above 85% current % CPC to target and at or above 85% projected % to target.
  • The order of gaining facilities will be based on the most recent decision lens agreement, processed and posted **.
  • Gaining facility Trainee to Total Controller ratio target is less than 30%.
Round 2:

• Releasing facility must be at or above the current national average*** (ref. column L of PPT) and have a projected staffing at or above 105%.
  • Releasing facility will stop releasing once it's projected staffing average drops below 105%.
Round Two Order of Selection:

• The order of gaining facilities considered will start at the facility with the lowest projected staffing average and work up the list from there.
  • Gaining facilities currently below the projected national average *(ref. column AA of PPT), are filled to the projected national average *(ref. column AA of PPT).
  • The gaining facility Trainee to Total Controller ratio target is less than 30%.
New Facility Selection Cap

Selections for a single facility will not exceed the following Controller Resource Workgroup (CRWG) caps:

Min Max

• Building greater than 300 CRWG 1 5
  • Building 200 – 299 CRWG 1 4
  • Building 100 – 199 CRWG 1 3
  • Building less than 100 CRWG 1 2
The panel reserves the right to address extraordinary circumstances on an as needed basis.

Releases:

All release dates will be one year. Those releases will be periodically reviewed at the national level for possible adjustments.

• * Projected National Average percentage will be published in the PPT on October 13th.
  • ** Decision Lens is part of NCEPT data execution on October 14th.
  • ** Current National Average percentage will be published in the PPT on October 13th .

NCEPT continues to get more restrictive.
staffing continues to get worse, not solely Because of the ncept but that’s why it got
More restrictive. That’s not surprising. Why is this so shocking? Ncepts Exact job is to prevent facilities from going below certain numbers while still allowing some movement. significant training delays this past 18 months and they continue to do a poor job at placement and many people refuse to be proper trainers and more and more people bullshit hard ship it’s time to contract facilities.

staffing continues to get worse, not solely Because of the ncept but that’s why it got
More restrictive. That’s not surprising. Why is this so shocking? Ncepts Exact job is to prevent facilities from going below certain numbers while still allowing some movement. significant training delays this past 18 months and they continue to do a poor job at placement and many people refuse to be proper trainers and more and more people bullshit hard ship it’s time to contract facilities.
Training is in our job description whether people like it or not it’s an assignable task. Also staffing prolly would have got better the past year if they would have allowed training. It was a complete BS shut down for training. We could sit on each other’s d sides, have D sides sit next to us to work but we couldn’t flip spots to train them. Complete training failure from the top down. Maintain currency next to someone, but don’t train next to them….

Training is in our job description whether people like it or not it’s an assignable task. Also staffing prolly would have got better the past year if they would have allowed training. It was a complete BS shut down for training. We could sit on each other’s d sides, have D sides sit next to us to work but we couldn’t flip spots to train them. Complete training failure from the top down. Maintain currency next to someone, but don’t train next to them….
I agree. It while it’s an assignable task some people do it very poorly and unfortunately students need to learn in different ways besides people telling them they suck and then not teaching them how not to.

I agree. It while it’s an assignable task some people do it very poorly and unfortunately students need to learn in different ways besides people telling them they suck and then not teaching them how not to.
So what is the answer/endgame?

Maybe management should try rewarding better trainers with time off awards (preferably) or cash awards but they don’t. Why?

More often than not, the good trainers get burned out because they’re having to fix the dogcrap training of the other OJTIs. The crap ones blame the developmentals, and the developmentals don’t even study. That’s how it is here though. Can’t get anyone to explain core rules from the .65 and then they say “well gee nobody told me I should be studying that” as they reach max hours and can’t do absolutely basic work.

More often than not, the good trainers get burned out because they’re having to fix the dogcrap training of the other OJTIs. The crap ones blame the developmentals, and the developmentals don’t even study. That’s how it is here though. Can’t get anyone to explain core rules from the .65 and then they say “well gee nobody told me I should be studying that” as they reach max hours and can’t do absolutely basic work.
People learn how to be ATCs just by working and figuring it out on their own. If you can’t figure out that what your doing isn’t working then you aren’t gonna make it. The trainer is important to protect you/the operation. But you need to be able to see when what you are doing isn’t working

People learn how to be ATCs just by working and figuring it out on their own. If you can’t figure out that what your doing isn’t working then you aren’t gonna make it. The trainer is important to protect you/the operation. But you need to be able to see when what you are doing isn’t working
Your employee comment section on the training report, “Trainer protected the operation while I worked and figured it out on my own”

Your employee comment section on the training report, “Trainer protected the operation while I worked and figured it out on my own”
Remember the letter that came from Terri Bristol (I believe, definitely a higher up) that listed the FAA priorities? 1. Training 2. Safety ???

Back
Top Bottom