Open Season 2023

Phillytroll69

Forum Sage
FAA
Facility
JNU Juneau Tower
Might be looking to change insurers-is anything worth beating the FEP BLUE? Lots of free money if you quit smoking and track your eating (i think i got like 450 this year), 25 dollar a month for fitnessyourway/silversneakers.

Cons-No 401k hsa which i'd love to be buying into when the market crashes

Might be looking to change insurers-is anything worth beating the FEP BLUE? Lots of free money if you quit smoking and track your eating (i think i got like 450 this year), 25 dollar a month for fitnessyourway/silversneakers.

Care to explain the tracking your eating and no smoking? Honestly intrigued.

Through the BCBS website? I wouldn’t mind doing it for extra $$$ just unsure how to proceed.
Yeah it’s through there, you self report on Saturday and can enter in how you are, if you smoked, if you exercised, etc… for each of the days of that week and if you hit your goal 21 out of 28 days for example you get money put on your card that can be used for co-pays or meds.

You need to remember to do it each Saturday as when the new week starts you can enter data for the previous week and it will make it impossible to hit your goal, you will have to reset it and start from the beginning of a new cycle.

GEHA HDHP has been great, next year going into the family plan through them

GEHA HDHP has been great, next year going into the family plan through them

LOL @ trying to explain a HDHP to controllers and watching their eyes glaze over. "uhhhh...i dunno man...i just do Blue cross!!!"

lemmings GIF

I tried GEHA this year and am going back to BCBS. GEHA’s website/app are a mess compared to BCBS, and more importantly, my co-pay for a back injection that I had under both was insanely higher with GEHA, and since I’m probably going to have to have it regularly in the future, back to BCBS I go.

I also like the BCBS rewards program with goals that others have mentioned above. Easy to use and basically free money as long as you keep up with it.

I tried GEHA this year and am going back to BCBS. GEHA’s website/app are a mess compared to BCBS, and more importantly, my co-pay for a back injection that I had under both was insanely higher with GEHA, and since I’m probably going to have to have it regularly in the future, back to BCBS I go.

I also like the BCBS rewards program with goals that others have mentioned above. Easy to use and basically free money as long as you keep up with it.
GEHA HDHP?

LOL @ trying to explain a HDHP to controllers and watching their eyes glaze over. "uhhhh...i dunno man...i just do Blue cross!!!"

lemmings GIF
The young ones/prior military who don’t see the doctor often & have no kids would benefit the most from that plan for x amount of years. Years of maxing out set up my “medical emergency” fund.

I did hear the good ol “I have BCBS because everyone here has it”

I got a back injection for you ?

Good info thanks I think I'll be sticking with bcbs

Good thread. I was wondering about switching plans as well (obviously on FEP Blue). With getting married in May, I need to switch to a better insurance that will help with my wife’s prescriptions. Her below poverty insurance prior to marriage was effing killer. $0 copay and certain meds were little to nothing. Meanwhile, FEP Blue is covering roughly 70% of surgeries and somehow didn’t cover my podiatrist appointments. *shrug*

I have the GEHA Elevate Plus. My wife and I get about $500 in rewards each year on a FSA card, a gift card to Dicks. The unlimited free virtual DR visits are a game changer if you have kids that get sick alot. They do have something similar to the fitness your way but I don't know the cost. If you do GEHA standard it's not worth it compared to BCBS. The app and website do suck but overall I think the incentives are better with Elevate Plus.

I have the GEHA Elevate Plus. My wife and I get about $500 in rewards each year on a FSA card, a gift card to Dicks. The unlimited free virtual DR visits are a game changer if you have kids that get sick alot. They do have something similar to the fitness your way but I don't know the cost. If you do GEHA standard it's not worth it compared to BCBS. The app and website do suck but overall I think the incentives are better with Elevate Plus.

+1 for elevate plus despite being on the phone with GEHA all year for messed up EOBs, but those were the clinics fault.

Back
Top Bottom