OTS Bid Delay Explanation

breakaway2000

Forum Sage
The OTS bid was, in fact, postponed indefinitely due to political pressure as a result of all the Fox stories about the BA. At this moment, it appears there will need to be a resolution with regards to the BA or the hiring process in general before a bid is announced. We'll notify you of any updates here, but as with anything related to hiring and the FAA, continue living your life, work toward your degree/promotion in your current workfield, etc.

Jesus Christ, can't Fox report on anything substantial for a change? Perhaps there will be a slight silver lining when they open it up finally: less Academy backlog.

Jesus Christ, can't Fox report on anything substantial for a change? Perhaps there will be a slight silver lining when they open it up finally: less Academy backlog.
What backlog? They recently cancelled a class because they couldn't get enough students. Few people can move on two weeks notice anymore because they aren't all coming straight out of college or the military. Class dates a month or two out is better for the current crop of applicants.

The funny thing is now some of those CTI's who launched the suit might have to wait even longer now
Well the agency did a screw up. A BQ which was not validated, purging the hiring allotment of qualified candidates, making former CPC’s take it (and failing), the list goes on. Though I am not CTI (actually CTO) graduate, I certainly see where they are coming from and the amount of shady underhanded idea that forced the introduction of this abomination.

From my vantage point, the BA was definitely messed up from the beginning and I believe it would be hard to find someone that can actually defend it. But in my mind, the only harm to the NAS was eliminating a large subset of qualified candidates that contributed to our nationwide short staffing. Just because less qualified people were showing up because of the BA, that doesn't mean they made it to CPC to endanger the NAS.

If this takes a long time to sort out, all this postponement does is contribute the same danger to the NAS by eliminating another large subset of qualified candidates and that will contribute to our nationwide short staffing.o_O

From my vantage point, the BA was definitely messed up from the beginning and I believe it would be hard to find someone that can actually defend it. But in my mind, the only harm to the NAS was eliminating a large subset of qualified candidates that contributed to our nationwide short staffing. Just because less qualified people were showing up because of the BA, that doesn't mean they made it to CPC to endanger the NAS.

If this takes a long time to sort out, all this postponement does is contribute the same danger to the NAS by eliminating another large subset of qualified candidates and that will contribute to our nationwide short staffing.o_O

Absolutely brother I agree. My issue is with the process. It was skewed, rigged, and aimed towards these individuals giving them an unfair advantage. The process was flawed and should never have been changed without the appropriate validation. I have no issue with the individuals themselves, again only with the process and the manner it was: concieved, packaged, and pushed.

Well the agency did a screw up. A BQ which was not validated, purging the hiring allotment of qualified candidates, making former CPC’s take it (and failing), the list goes on. Though I am not CTI (actually CTO) graduate, I certainly see where they are coming from and the amount of shady underhanded idea that forced the introduction of this abomination.

I agree the rollout of it and first year was an epic disaster. However, after it changed the following year all those issues seemed to have been addressed.

Will this affect the last 2 OTS bids? There are a ton of us still going through the hiring process.
It shouldn't. Once a job has been offered, a certain criteria has to be met to rescind the job offer. If you met all the requirements at the time the job was offered and when you were selected, it is near impossible to retract the offer. You can read more on the OPM website.

If I decided not to go through CTI a few years ago and then now it's required it's going to suck.

I totally feel your pain. I got picked up on the 2014 OTS bid while I was attending a CTI school.. while going through the hiring process, I continued going to school to get the degree because I feared they would later change their minds and go back to the military/CTI requirements. Any way, some may say I threw my money away (yay for still paying off some student loans), but I wanted that peace of mind that I was covered if they changed the requirements. I'm a CPC now, so it doesn't matter for me anymore, but the point is.. I strongly advocate to "continue living your life" and to continue doing "you" while going through the hiring process.. you never know what they are going to do, so be prepared the best you can and go with your original plan.

I agree the rollout of it and first year was an epic disaster. However, after it changed the following year all those issues seemed to have been addressed.

I really feel that this is the focus of the whole “blow up,” that first bid. Still we know how the news blows things out of proportion and runs with the slightest bit of meat.

This sucks because today would’ve been my last opportunity to apply. Now it’s looking like I’ve already received that chance last year.

Back
Top Bottom