Prime Time Leave Question

yourinthehold

This is a similar question to another thread. Here is the situation. Our facility is still on 5/5 and we don't know when we will return to normal. NATCA wants to stay but management wants to go back due to an increase in traffic. We bid our prime time leave based on a 5/2 schedule. My RDOs are Thur/Fri but due to the 5/5 schedule I now have to work on Thur/Fri with prime time leave scheduled around those days. I have a spot leave request for the Thur/Fri but it was denied due to staffing. Management is saying they don't have to honor the PTL 7 days is a week rule because we bid PTL for a 5/2 schedule and there is nothing in the contract or our BWS MOU that addresses what to do if our RDOs change. Do I have a grievance here? What are other facilities doing in this situation?

Honestly if you bang out on scheduled OT, is it even really banging out

From a technical perspective, you can’t bang out of OT. Article 34.4.a says “in the judgement of the agency” blah blah blah.
You’d have to explain to the agency and let them use their flawless judgement to determine if your “health or efficiency may be impaired”.

From a technical perspective, you can’t bang out of OT. Article 34.4.a says “in the judgement of the agency” blah blah blah.
You’d have to explain to the agency and let them use their flawless judgement to determine if your “health or efficiency may be impaired”.
No the contract says you can self certify your illness

SL can’t be used on an OT shift, you’re simply relieved from the shift.

When it comes to being relieved from an OT shift, Article 38 states “An employee shall be relieved of an overtime assignment when, in the judgement of the agency: A.) the health or efficiency of the employee may be impaired”

Have you ever heard of them going through this? I haven’t. We just call in on the mid and the ATM gets mad that we didn’t find a replacement.

I’m just looking at it from the technical, black/white perspective.
Oh. Just tell them you can’t smell.

Back
Top Bottom