Kim's Place OKC

Recreation in OKC

Academy Study Guides

PCS10

FAA
Facility
ALB Albany Tower
Does anyone know of any local fields for pick-up games (soccer, football, frisbee....) Are any of the golf courses in the area any good?

My start date is 8/31, if anyone wants to play some golf or get some pickup games going lets do it.

David Graham

Trusted Contributor
If you are staying at Kim's you have access to a par 3 course in Mustang (don't remember the exact name) for free. Nothing special but free is free!

RH316

Trusted Contributor
FAA
Facility
DCA Washington National Tower
I stayed at Isola Bella last summer and it was right down the street from Lake Hefner golf course. They have 2 courses, a north and south course- both were in great shape.

Hotvedt

You might be able to get an indoor league at Indoor Soccer Arena. It's close to the airport. They sometimes have a house team.

ATC_av8er

I stayed at Isola Bella last summer and it was right down the street from Lake Hefner golf course. They have 2 courses, a north and south course- both were in great shape.
Played Lake Hefner in January. Can confirm it is a hidden gem. Great course. Challenging. Reasonable greens fee. Nice pro shop.

ATOH

The par 3 course through Kim’s is nothing special but fun to mess around at. Agree on Hefner being a hidden gem. Not a lot of good golf in OKC but that was the best public course

twn

Trusted Contributor
The par 3 course through Kim’s is nothing special but fun to mess around at. Agree on Hefner being a hidden gem. Not a lot of good golf in OKC but that was the best public course
You can play Tinker's course as well, on the base

ajmezz

Trusted Contributor
The only thing I’ve found out we can’t use as civilians on base are the grocery store (bx/px/whatever) and can’t buy alcohol from the gas station. Which sucks bc they have some cool engraved gentleman’s jack bottles specific to here. Everything else seems to be fair game.

SRamos28

Lurker
FAA
Facility
Mike Monroney Aeronautical Center
Yeah the air force is special though... They call it a BX