Retro NATCA Seniority from Contract Tower BS

DoctorSalami

Can anyone tell me why this is a thing? We just had multiple people at my facility move up several spots in seniority because some BFE tower they used to work at joined NATCA. How the fuck can they get NATCA seniority from a tower they never paid dues at? I support it if you were in the actual Union before being in the FAA but this is just wrong. My head is exploding right now.

Can anyone tell me why this is a thing? We just had multiple people at my facility move up several spots in seniority because some BFE tower they used to work at joined NATCA. How the fuck can they get NATCA seniority from a tower they never paid dues at? I support it if you were in the actual Union before being in the FAA but this is just wrong. My head is exploding right now.
I’d totally be down to remove this shit from the constitution. If you paid dues then fine but the retro BU time because they organized is bad.

Propose an amendment for the convention that only time as a dues paying member is considered for seniority. It is bullshit and Natca did it to buy more members and “clout” by selling us out as current members.
Do you know where this "rule" is spelled out at

Seniority is spelled out in the constitution, and it sounds like they're saying that counts as "cumulative NATCA bargaining unit time" but honestly I wouldn't interpret it that way. Have you contacted your RVP? I would be pissed too

Seniority is spelled out in the constitution, and it sounds like they're saying that counts as "cumulative NATCA bargaining unit time" but honestly I wouldn't interpret it that way. Have you contacted your RVP? I would be pissed too
Is standard that if a contract tower you worked at goes natca you get a bump to your seniority based on your time there. Idk where it’s written but this isn’t new.

This is where it’s at in the constitution. Their date is set to when the facility seeks representation by NATCA.

Attachments

• 82E51FF5-49BE-409B-8A8B-D79FB691CC38.png
    82E51FF5-49BE-409B-8A8B-D79FB691CC38.png
    181.8 KB · Views: 61
This is where it’s at in the constitution. Their date is set to when the facility seeks representation by NATCA.
Going by that I would think there the would start when they the official request to be represented by natca. I know of people who's facility went Natca a month before they left for the FAA, yet they were given credit for the entire 10 year period they worked there.

Going by that I would think there the would start when they the official request to be represented by natca. I know of people who's facility went Natca a month before they left for the FAA, yet they were given credit for the entire 10 year period they worked there.
I believe that would depend on when the facility petitioned to be represented. The facility could have petitioned years prior and for whatever reason it took that long for them to become represented by NATCA. I don’t know how that process works, just where the constitution allows for it. Had no clue about it until a controller at my facility jumped a few people and we were wondering how. He wasn’t a dues paying member at the contract tower, got hired by the FAA and certified. A couple years in his seniority date gets changed because that contract tower finally became represented by NATCA.

I believe that would depend on when the facility petitioned to be represented. The facility could have petitioned years prior and for whatever reason it took that long for them to become represented by NATCA. I don’t know how that process works, just where the constitution allows for it. Had no clue about it until a controller at my facility jumped a few people and we were wondering how. He wasn’t a dues paying member at the contract tower, got hired by the FAA and certified. A couple years in his seniority date gets changed because that contract tower finally became represented by NATCA.
I see what your saying I partially think it's more or less Natca saying you guys petitioned us to represent you back in the early 2000s right. :wink wink:

Just to say, I've never heard of backdated seniority to a petition date. It's always been a persons entirety of time at a specific facility, weird nonetheless.

Back
Top Bottom