RTF TDY Financial questions

OscarGolf

FAA
Facility
DAL Dallas Love Tower
I have been at A11 since mid May. The management has decided to send me to RTF now that Im on the floor ACTIVELY training. I was hired from the prior experience (navy) bid and skipped the Academy altogether til now. My start date at RTF is Feb 14.
The question is how will the financial part of this play out? Will the FAA pay for my ticket to the training facility and pay for the rooms? Will I have to buy a ticket and pay for the rooms and get back paid (Which is crazy). Or will all expenses be my own responsibility. Not to mention I have a wife and kid who will be coming with me.
How does the per diem and all other allowances work.

The FAA will pay the cheaper of driving vs a flight for you to get from A11 to Oklahoma City. You will have to cover your family’s costs. You will continue at your same pay rate PLUS get per diem for everyday you’re in Oklahoma City. Your union rep can answer any questions you still have or will have prior to leaving for RTF.

I have been at A11 since mid May. The management has decided to send me to RTF now that Im on the floor ACTIVELY training. I was hired from the prior experience (navy) bid and skipped the Academy altogether til now. My start date at RTF is Feb 14.
The question is how will the financial part of this play out? Will the FAA pay for my ticket to the training facility and pay for the rooms? Will I have to buy a ticket and pay for the rooms and get back paid (Which is crazy). Or will all expenses be my own responsibility. Not to mention I have a wife and kid who will be coming with me.
How does the per diem and all other allowances work.
That’s... strange.
You’re responsible for arrangements and paying. Someone else will have to fill in the details because I can’t remember, but You can request an advance payment. You get the short term per diem tacked onto your normal paycheck. You can also call student services at the academy with questions. They will have the correct information, which local people may not.

A better question is: Why didn’t they send you there prior to arriving to your facility?

A better question is: Why didn’t they send you there prior to arriving to your facility?
The better question is why are prior experience controllers not being placed better? The point of prior experience bids is to send them straight to the facility to help with staffing issues. Surely if you've been a controller before there must be a facility somewhere in the NAS where you can work without going to Oklahoma... That is where you should be sent.

And I don't mean that specifically at you... I am also annoyed by people picked up with the NCEPT to a level 12 tracon that then need to go to. RTF or TSEW... I know, I know, the federal government isn't about logic.

Facility doesn't want to send anyone who doesn't need to go, but after starting training it becomes painfully obvious that the person needs to take the FAA radar class? From what I hear A11 is desperate for people to certify so maybe they're just trying to give him the best chance possible? Just a guess

Back
Top Bottom