Current CPC % to Target
-
Projected CPC % to Target
-

Updated --/--/----

Operational Info​

Local Area​

External Links​

Are there any sector maps out there? I’m a nerd and want to know what sector works over my town and see if I can listen in on live atc. Lol

The way liveATC is structured you'd probably have the most luck pulling up the page for an airport near you and looking for the app/dep frequencies. They often list sector names, and the sector names are sometimes based on a navaid you can look up...

Also I found this image by searching "set sector map". It's from the ZLA vatsim website, so take with a grain of salt, but they tend to attempt accuracy.

Attachments

• low_sectors.png
    low_sectors.png
    97.2 KB · Views: 268
The closest airport to me is ONT and it’s maybe 20 miles east from me. I think the planes are getting lined up overflying the MT. SAC area heading west bound.

Anyone on here able to help coordinate a tour next Monday the 27th? I’m Gonna be in SD for the Memorial Day weekend and want to tour the facility on our drive back to LA on Monday.

Anyone on here able to help coordinate a tour next Monday the 27th? I’m Gonna be in SD for the Memorial Day weekend and want to tour the facility on our drive back to LA on Monday.

Try reaching out to the Facrep. Contact info should be listed on the facrep corner part of the natc website. PM me if you can't find it.

When was the last time this facility opened a hiring bid? Other than N90, i haven't seen much chatter about TRACONs bids since I started frequenting this site.

When was the last time this facility opened a hiring bid? Other than N90, i haven't seen much chatter about TRACONs bids since I started frequenting this site.
It’s actually one out for C90 at the moment

Does anyone have any insight as to how hard it is for an enroute controller to check out here? I currently work at a level 12 all high area and love my area but hate the cold and humid midwest. Would love to go back home to San Diego. Has any one done it or is the failure rate pretty high?

Does anyone have any insight as to how hard it is for an enroute controller to check out here? I currently work at a level 12 all high area and love my area but hate the cold and humid midwest. Would love to go back home to San Diego. Has any one done it or is the failure rate pretty high?
You'll do fine here. Have only heard of one 10 center controller not making it.

This has become my sole dream facility. I’m from LA and want to come back to CA, so I’m curious how the facility is overall, life in SD while training with costs, and how happy people are. If anyone who’s at SCT would be willing to message me about the facility, I would much appreciate it!

This has become my sole dream facility. I’m from LA and want to come back to CA, so I’m curious how the facility is overall, life in SD while training with costs, and how happy people are. If anyone who’s at SCT would be willing to message me about the facility, I would much appreciate it!

I know a few people that work there and they love it. Well, pre-rona loved it, not sure how it is now. I worked an adjacent facility and every time I called up they always sounded like they were living the Dream.

Some areas have better morale than others. Coming from a 6 up/down would be a big step for most people but it's definitely possible, the traffic volume and complexity is much higher than a 6 obviously. Overall I hear the morale and work environment at SCT is a lot better than a lot of other big tracons, but at the end of the day it's still a 12 tracon and you can expect to get your teeth kicked in daily.

Some areas have better morale than others. Coming from a 6 up/down would be a big step for most people but it's definitely possible, the traffic volume and complexity is much higher than a 6 obviously. Overall I hear the morale and work environment at SCT is a lot better than a lot of other big tracons, but at the end of the day it's still a 12 tracon and you can expect to get your teeth kicked in daily.
Appreciate that COWTOWN. It’s a major step up for sure. I have family there plus it’s SD so that’s a big plus. I wanted to throw a feeler out there before I commit and put a package in. I know SCT needs people, but didn’t want to set myself up for failure if low level transfers generally get washed. Glad to hear the morale is generally good though ??

Back
Top Bottom