Over-sized apartment style suites at Sonesta ES



Can someone walk me through how to request an SF-50? I know I am going to need one for the next bid. I am no longer an FAA employee and I need to be able to show proof of my ATC experience. I was told I need to contact OPM to request it but I am yet to get a human to answer the phone. I have also heard it needs to be a written request over mail. Can someone give me a little more guidance on how to request the SF-50? Thanks.


Staff member
How do I obtain a copy of my SF-50?
Visit the National Archives website for information pertaining to replacement of the SF-50 or contact the agency’s Human Resources Office where you worked for assistance.

How do I submit a written request for copies of records?
Please note: the following information, regarding access, pertains only to records of former Federal civil servants whose employment ended after 1951. Records of civil servants whose employment ended before 1952.
Federal law [5 USC 552a(b)] requires that all requests for records and information be submitted in writing. Each request must be hand signed (in cursive) and dated (within the last year). Please identify the documents or information needed and explain the purpose of your request.

Certain basic information needed to locate civilian personnel records and to answer the request, includes:

  • full name used during Federal employment,
  • date of birth,
  • Social Security Number (if applicable),
  • name and location of employing Federal agency
  • beginning and ending dates of Federal service
  • complete return mailing address and/or authorized return fax number
Written requests (hand signed in cursive and dated) may be mailed or faxed to:

National Personnel Records Center, Annex
1411 Boulder Boulevard
Valmeyer, IL 62295

Fax: 618-935-3014

Please note: NPRC can not email documents due to privacy concerns. We will mail or fax copies of available records as authorized by the requester. Former Federal civilian employees who have a strong interest in viewing their own files in person, rather than receiving document copies by mail, may request an appointment with the Federal Records Center Research Room, or hire an independent researcher to examine the records on their behalf.

Costs: Generally there is no charge for basic personnel and medical information provided to former Federal civilian employees and authorized representatives from non-archival records. If your request involves a service fee, you will be notified as soon as that determination is made. See Archival Records for information on archival holdings and associated copy fees: archival OPFs are subject to the NARA fee schedule that authorizes the Agency to collect fees from the public for copies of archival records (44 USC 2116c and 44 USC 2307).