Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
No training for the foreseeable future. Furloughs and possibly RIFs will eventually happen. There is no way around it.
You know if that did happen (which I highly doubt) it would happen agency wide right, not just to trainees.

You know if that did happen (which I highly doubt) it would happen agency wide right, not just to trainees.
They’d start with the academy which they are literally reopening. Then they would probably cancel some towers. Then work their way through the devs. Or maybe they’d offer buyouts. Who tf knows.

They’d start with the academy which they are literally reopening. Then they would probably cancel some towers. Then work their way through the devs. Or maybe they’d offer buyouts. Who tf knows.
You are literally just making up what sounds good in your head lol. But hey, this thread is called shoot the shit, so why not lol.

-Staffing issues before Covid
-FAA cuts x% of workforce
-Traffic comes back 1-2 years
-Staffing issues x% worse
Makes sense to me!

FakeNews covering Covid like....

giphy.gif

I
[QUO="ATCNOMAD, post: 72912, member: 8129"]
You are literally just making up what sounds good in your head lol. But hey, this thread is called shoot the shit, so why not lol.
[/QUOTE]
mean the first one is a fact. Closing the academy first is in the contract. And you know they’d love to Yeet the rest of the level 4s. The rest is speculation I suppose. Most companies save more money when they cut from the top.

I
[QUO="ATCNOMAD, post: 72912, member: 8129"]
mean the first one is a fact. Closing the academy first is in the contract. And you know they’d love to Yeet the rest of the level 4s. The rest is speculation I suppose. Most companies save more money when they cut from the top.
[/QUOTE]
Most companies very true. But this is Uncle Sam. In 5 years in the military and 13 years in the FAA, I've learned the government always wants/needs to be ready for valuable situations it believes is going to happen. And I mean ready the exact moment it begins, even if it's far from happening. Because of that, hurry up and wait, along with wasting a TON of time & money is a sure thing. You can not attempt at being overly ready for something that hasn't happened yet without wasting time, money and making people hurry up and wait. Because you are preparing for it though it hasn't happened yet. The fact that the government believes air travel is going to eventually come back is an example of that. They aren't going to shred the workforce (furloughs/RIFs) knowing it would ill prepare them once traffic is back. I mean they could, but that would suggest the government drastically changing a long trend. Anyone who believes furloughs is guaranteed or even likely is thinking with a non government mindset or emotion and not trends. At most getting rid of 4s and 5s and using those bodies as staffing at the higher levels is a more realistic idea. Those extra bodies would allow for less new hires for a few years. Still just a realistic idea that's all

Yeah, the entire world will go back to normal after the election. Every nation has crushed their economy in a secret plot to influence the US election.
Not every nation, just China and Russia decided to do that to take the US down with them as the US had way more to lose and China and Russia don’t give a fuck if their own people suffer. All those old people who died in Italy and everywhere else? Just irrelevant collateral damage to China as no country other then China the US and Russia has any economic or military power whatsoever to do anything or have any say in any of it.

Not every nation, just China and Russia decided to do that to take the US down with them as the US had way more to lose and China and Russia don’t give a fuck if their own people suffer. All those old people who died in Italy and everywhere else? Just irrelevant collateral damage to China as no country other then China the US and Russia has any economic or military power whatsoever to do anything or have any say in any of it.
But Putin is good friends with trump and he’d never betray America so why do you think the Russians did anything

Our facility is going ahead with the Zoom meetings... and realized 3 days in that they are already almost out of material to cover. Someone proposed doing eLMS as a group and I'm pretty sure the collective hated them to death.

Havent heard a peep from my facility about anything including zoom. When the hell are we supposed to go back now. July 15th?

life must be really hard for you.

Don’t forget y’all, when Covid first appeared pushingtin was at the forefront of demanding social distancing and reduced staffing and masks. He even went so far as to throw NATCA a compliment. It wasn’t til that became the popular opinion that he became a Covid conspiracist. His sole reason for living (or at least posting) is to be contrary to the majority.

Don’t forget y’all, when Covid first appeared pushingtin was at the forefront of demanding social distancing and reduced staffing and masks. He even went so far as to throw NATCA a compliment. It wasn’t til that became the popular opinion that he became a Covid conspiracist. His sole reason for living (or at least posting) is to be contrary to the majority.
His complaint is that people actually showing up to work should be getting hazard pay per the CBA. If hazard pay was being paid out, I don’t think he’d really have any complaints concerning COVID-19.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom