Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
So wepa asked if anyone has considered leaving the FAA due to this training hold...yes. Guy I work with is talking about having to do just that. He took a massive pay cut to AG pay, and his wife had to leave her job to move with him to our facility. They have a 6 month old baby and she had a medical issue that has her unable to get a job. He’s working a second job to try and support all 3, and live very modestly. Contrary to popular belief, there really are people struggling, badly, who can’t hold out forever for training to resume.

What are you a traveling leafblower salesman?

089dc13859dbda368669336f56ee4e2c.png

So wepa asked if anyone has considered leaving the FAA due to this training hold...yes. Guy I work with is talking about having to do just that. He took a massive pay cut to AG pay, and his wife had to leave her job to move with him to our facility. They have a 6 month old baby and she had a medical issue that has her unable to get a job. He’s working a second job to try and support all 3, and live very modestly. Contrary to popular belief, there really are people struggling, badly, who can’t hold out forever for training to resume.

We had a similar situation last year with the shutdown, had a trainee on AG pay with a wife and 2 really young kids I think they were like both under 2. Anyway during the shutdown the kid was telling me he was having to put all their bills on credit cards and ended up maxing them out before it was all said and done with groceries, doctors visits, you name it. Felt really bad for him but there was nothing we could do. He ended up hardshipping home for some medical reason. Last time I heard from him he was doing fine but he had talked about having to get a second and third job during all that BS with the shutdown.
Can’t say I blame the person you’re talking about for thinking about quitting, this is a great job. But it’s not worth starving yourself or going homeless or in to ridiculous amounts of debt over.

View attachment 4390
I can’t keep track of all the shit stirring with ads like this. It’s like a weird cards against humanity of ads.

That hardship guy is def high risk. He might also be the same guy they used to trot out in the UNUM long term disability scam pamphlet, sitting there w his dog overlooking the water testifying how it saved his ass when he hadda go in for lap band !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom