Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how long is everybody supposed to wait before it’s finally determined that these reduced traffic numbers are just going to be the new normal? We’re 4 months in and nearly every air carrier is talking about furloughs and layoffs in the months to come. It took years for traffic to reach pre-9/11 numbers after that event, how come those trainees didn’t have to sit on the sidelines for months/years?
I mean.. the obvious difference is a pandemic? I’m not advocating for not training by any means, and there will definitely be a new normal going forward, but waiting to see what the relapse effect is after everyone reopening doesn’t sound like the worst plan to me. My guess is that when it gets closer to the holidays traffic and training will pick back up.

I mean.. the obvious difference is a pandemic? I’m not advocating for not training by any means, and there will definitely be a new normal going forward, but waiting to see what the relapse effect is after everyone reopening doesn’t sound like the worst plan to me. My guess is that when it gets closer to the holidays traffic and training will pick back up.
You really care about CPC feelings over your own money and retirement?

Before it was look we're open, no spike

Now it's look, spike in cases but not deaths

People that die from this fight for weeks before they pass away. I really hope you guys are right, but I'm pretty sure that the GOP talking points are going to be just as wrong as usual

Looking at charts and trends, I don't suspect we'll see deaths spike the way they did. Just take a look at the daily cases/deaths curves in worldometer. With it being apparent that most new cases are younger crowd now, less deaths make sense.

I think the expectation now is ~50% for herd immunity, so 175,000,000 x .03 (~.03% IFR suspected) =525K total likely deaths. Of that, ~6% will be under 50. (~30K) Of that, ~10% will have no underlying conditions.(3K).

great. There are 6 months until Christmas. That’s about how long most people spend in the back/upstairs/whatever at a Z. Why wait until then to START that process? Bring them back. There is no way in hell the FAA is going to pay people to sit at home for nearly a year doing literally nothing. Advocating to keep trainees at home until then is basically advocating for a furloughed workforce. And honestly, let’s do it. You’ll never get a day off or your leave approved after a couple guys in your facility retire, but fuck it, let’s do it.

ALSO, what the hell was the point of locking one thread and starting another one that was essentially a continuation of the first thread? Waste of energy to show some power...?

Last edited:
ALSO, what the hell was the point of locking one thread and starting another one that was essentially a continuation of the first thread? Waste of energy to show some power...?

I think the mods probably get hammered behind the scenes from these guys who get triggered when something is posted they disagree with, with messages like "ban this person" "something needs to be done!". lot of peeps live in a bubble and have never been challenged. i mean look how far we've come w the hysteria.... you cant even say "All lives Matter" without catching a beatdown and being run off as racist. They hate to allow an opposing view to even sneak through. Dissent must be crushed. Just saying something minor about masks or something mundane, becomes a major struggle session! "Scientific Method" lol. or "you cant be THAT stupid, I actually like some of your posts! " Everything is life and death existential serious.

great. There are 6 months until Christmas. That’s about how long most people spend in the back/upstairs/whatever at a Z. Why wait until then to START that process? Bring them back. There is no way in hell the FAA is going to pay people to sit at home for nearly a year doing literally nothing. Advocating to keep trainees at home until then is basically advocating for a furloughed workforce. And honestly, let’s do it. You’ll never get a day off or your leave approved after a couple guys in your facility retire, but fuck it, let’s do it.

It was posted in the general section of the forum and was severely off topic. I would have locked it too.

They should listen to themselves and their own free will. Certainly never unconstitutional dictatorial hysterical bullshit

I would be extremely interested in evidence showing that requiring face masks (in the middle of a public health emergency) is unconstitutional. Please point me to a specific section of the Constitution, or a specific court case, that says this is not allowed.

You really care about CPC feelings over your own money and retirement?
When did I even mention that in the last post? In my other one, I said I could already hear them complaining. Drawing that conclusion from what I’ve said is more than a reach.

When did I even mention that in the last post? In my other one, I said I could already hear them complaining. Drawing that conclusion from what I’ve said is more than a reach.

it was highly implied and I agree with 32’s analysis of what you said. Nobody cares about you beyond being a number - never be fooled into thinking otherwise. Gotta be a little selfish.

I would be extremely interested in evidence showing that requiring face masks (in the middle of a public health emergency) is unconstitutional. Please point me to a specific section of the Constitution, or a specific court case, that says this is not allowed.

Here's some light reading in case this is a new concept for you. Scientific method - Wikipedia

scientific method will set you free brother. be sure to put those trigger warning signs outside the lab door ! :rofl: :lol:

giphy.gif

Hardly any energy was wasted locking one thread and immediately creating a new one.

The thread I locked is titled “Training Hold”, and it deviated from its original topic. Hence it being closed until information comes forth about training resuming, etc.

Any further clarification required?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom