Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean.. the obvious difference is a pandemic? I’m not advocating for not training by any means, and there will definitely be a new normal going forward, but waiting to see what the relapse effect is after everyone reopening doesn’t sound like the worst plan to me. My guess is that when it gets closer to the holidays traffic and training will pick back up.
Traffic’s not coming back anytime soon even after the pandemic. When everyone’s back you just have to train and use the dysim as a supplement. You’re traffic is your traffic...

Traffic’s not coming back anytime soon even after the pandemic. When everyone’s back you just have to train and use the dysim as a supplement. You’re traffic is your traffic...

exactly. If every establishment ever can find a safe way to reopen, so can ATC facilities. If it’s deemed that training is not needed for the foreseeable future for STAFFING reasons, then you all know what the magic F word is.

exactly. If every establishment ever can find a safe way to reopen, so can ATC facilities. If it’s deemed that training is not needed for the foreseeable future for STAFFING reasons, then you all know what the magic F word is.
They’ll all be about training again after NCEPT

So your answer is no, you can't reference a specific section of the Constitution, or a court's interpretation of the Constitution, that says government (whether federal, state, or local) is not allowed to require face masks during a highly contagious pandemic?
That isn't how the constitution works. Congress may only exercise the powers granted to it by the constitution. If the constitution doesn't specifically grant the power, the government can't just make it a law. So why don't you go ahead and find me where in the constitution it says that the gov has the power to mandate that everyone wear a mask? The 10th amendment does state "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people." However, I don't think any state constitutions outline the power to enforce a law that you deem necessary

Individuals have the right to choose what's best for themselves and businesses should be afforded that same right. Businesses should be allowed to choose whether they want to require masks or not and reserve the right to turn away business if people don't want to comply. At the same time, individuals reserve the right to not patronize businesses that don't require masks.

p.s. The government passes unconstitutional laws all the time under the guise of protecting you, which ultimately restricts individual freedoms further. I'm not anti-mask, but I am against surrendering more power to the government.

You've surpassed PushingTin as the most annoying person on this site, don't act surprised when people take any opportunity to poke fun at you.

An honor to be the subject of your first post. Another sheep joins the flock!

The 10th amendment does state "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people." However, I don't think any state constitutions outline the power to enforce a law that you deem necessary

plus state legislatures and very few cities/towns have actually legislatively passed ordinances that define mask wearing and lay out a proper penalty and enforcement method. None are legal outside of broad based arguments on "emergency powers", but that hasn't even been litigated. Just decrees issued by tyrants like Andrew Cuomo & Gavin Newsom that have 0 weight to them and 0 method of enforcement. Where do you go for due process when one of the gestapo issue you a fake $500 "mask fine"? Minor details! The virtue signalers could give 2 shits about ceding individual freedoms though, they roll their eyes and laugh.

Last edited by a moderator:
That isn't how the constitution works. Congress may only exercise the powers granted to it by the constitution. If the constitution doesn't specifically grant the power, the government can't just make it a law. So why don't you go ahead and find me where in the constitution it says that the gov has the power to mandate that everyone wear a mask? The 10th amendment does state "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people." However, I don't think any state constitutions outline the power to enforce a law that you deem necessary

Individuals have the right to choose what's best for themselves and businesses should be afforded that same right. Businesses should be allowed to choose whether they want to require masks or not and reserve the right to turn away business if people don't want to comply. At the same time, individuals reserve the right to not patronize businesses that don't require masks.

p.s. The government passes unconstitutional laws all the time under the guise of protecting you, which ultimately restricts individual freedoms further. I'm not anti-mask, but I am against surrendering more power to the government.

No one is talking about Congress. It’s been clear from the start of this that the federal government wasn’t calling the shots during the pandemic that it was the states, so your high school level civics lesson isn’t even germane to the conversation.

However, The Supreme Court HAS ruled that the states have broad discretion to use their police powers to ensure the public health during the pandemic, including fines. Jacobson vs. Massachusetts. So a mask order is perfectly constitutional according to the Supreme Court of the United States. Thank you 10th amendment.

No one is talking about Congress. It’s been clear from the start of this that the federal government wasn’t calling the shots during the pandemic that it was the states, so your high school level civics lesson isn’t even germane to the conversation.

However, The Supreme Court HAS ruled that the states have broad discretion to use their police powers to ensure the public health during the pandemic, including fines. Jacobson vs. Massachusetts. So a mask order is perfectly constitutional according to the Supreme Court of the United States. Thank you 10th amendment.
Termine kept asking to be shown where in the constitution it says they can't make a law requiring everyone to where a mask and if it doesn't say that, then it must be constitutional which is inherently wrong. No one was explicitly talking about Congress but who do you think passes laws in this country? Maybe you need to go back and take some remedial high school civics.

Termine kept asking to be shown where in the constitution it says they can't make a law requiring everyone to where a mask and if it doesn't say that, then it must be constitutional which is inherently wrong. No one was explicitly talking about Congress but who do you think passes laws in this country? Maybe you need to go back and take some remedial high school civics.
Most of the laws in this country are passed by local and state governments. You know nothing about the constitutionality of mask laws and you shouldn’t opine on them.

Frankly I don't see why doing the decent thing and wearing a mask in public, even if it only helps a little (which it's more than a little according to people who know better than me) is a political football, or why it is you can blatantly tell for the most part what side of the aisle someone is one based on a gaddamn medical issue. I don't wear one at work, or around people I know aren't actively sick, but I do out in the general public where I can't make such a guarantee.

Constitutionality aside I don't see why it's so hard to say, yes this might help and just do it.

Frankly I don't see why doing the decent thing and wearing a mask in public, even if it only helps a little (which it's more than a little according to people who know better than me) is a political football, or why it is you can blatantly tell for the most part what side of the aisle someone is one based on a gaddamn medical issue. I don't wear one at work, or around people I know aren't actively sick, but I do out in the general public where I can't make such a guarantee.

Constitutionality aside I don't see why it's so hard to say, yes this might help and just do it.

You’re arguing with people who think they are getting “screwed” right now by working 5/10, 5/5 or 1/119.

Frankly I don't see why doing the decent thing and wearing a mask in public, even if it only helps a little (which it's more than a little according to people who know better than me) is a political football,
Election year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom