Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's your direct answer then big boy

Every other pandemic throughout history tapered off, this one will too. They'll come back when the traffic is high enough to justify the risk, or the risk is low enough to justify bringing people back for low traffic

I feel like I've posted this before

Cuz I have

But some people have the reading comprehension and reasoning of a glazed donut

A really tasty one tho

Bueller?
Just admit you would rather sacrifice people’s careers than give up your sweet reduced schedule. The truth will set you free, big boy!

Here's your direct answer then big boy

Every other pandemic throughout history tapered off, this one will too. They'll come back when the traffic is high enough to justify the risk, or the risk is low enough to justify bringing people back for low traffic

I feel like I've posted this before

Cuz I have

But some people have the reading comprehension and reasoning of a glazed donut

A really tasty one tho

Bueller?
Cus it’s not your career.

Just admit you would rather sacrifice people’s careers than give up your sweet reduced schedule. The truth will set you free, big boy!
Cus it’s not your career.

If this is the choice I'm given then yes I would rather sacrifice your careers than my families lives

But your careers aren't being sacrificed, you're getting paid for more time off than you'll get til you retire. The vast majority of controllers had or will have training delays at some point in their career.

You guys just think that you should get raises that you haven't and may never earn for training on 20-30% traffic. I've said I understand we all want raises but the truth is you didn't earn them yet, you don't deserve them yet, and I'm not obligated to be at risk because you want them.

If this is the choice I'm given then yes I would rather sacrifice your careers than my families lives

But your careers aren't being sacrificed, you're getting paid for more time off than you'll get til you retire. The vast majority of controllers had or will have training delays at some point in their career.

You guys just think that you should get raises that you haven't and may never earn for training on 20-30% traffic. I've said I understand we all want raises but the truth is you didn't earn them yet, you don't deserve them yet, and I'm not obligated to be at risk because you want them.
Traffics not THAT slow. However realistically nobody’s training until there’s a vaccine IMO. Then nobody is waiting around for the good old days of nonstop red sectors to train on. People will 100% be getting checked out on lighter numbers then before. Any good trainee should know their limits and ask for dysim training if they want to see more advanced traffic before getting checked out. Can’t wait on the one day in 4 years everything’s shut off with 5 Nordos, 3 emergencies, and a colonial woman churning butter on the wing to prove your good enough.

Traffics not THAT slow. However realistically nobody’s training until there’s a vaccine IMO. Then nobody is waiting around for the good old days of nonstop red sectors to train on. People will 100% be getting checked out on lighter numbers then before. Any good trainee should know their limits and ask for dysim training if they want to see more advanced traffic before getting checked out. Can’t wait on the one day in 4 years everything’s shut off with 5 Nordos, 3 emergencies, and a colonial woman churning butter on the wing to prove your good enough.

I agree with all of this except I think trainees will be back before a vaccine. I absolutely don't think we should or will wait til traffic gets to where it was

I agree with all of this except I think trainees will be back before a vaccine. I absolutely don't think we should or will wait til traffic gets to where it was
The only people I feel bad for not getting raises in all this are the people on AG pay. It’s not ideal and we all want to make more $$$ but PTO is a nice consolidation while we wait for things to get back to some kind of normal.

One other thing I want to throw in here before I have to answer these with a hangover: the d sides and data only people honestly have no idea what the traffic level is like now vs before. Even though their opinions are already super salty, I still take them with a big grain of salt. Someone that's working a ton of scopes combined is probably getting close talking as much as before, but the planes aren't in conflict or even in the same airspace really. I know you have some d sides and "put me in coach I'm ready" but you really don't know what you don't know, you know?

The only people I feel bad for not getting raises in all this are the people on AG pay. It’s not ideal and we all want to make more $$$ but PTO is a nice consolidation while we wait for things to get back to some kind of normal.

Meh one hand washes the other.... Devs / cpc-it's are bitching bc they are missing pay raises.

We CPC's are bitching about the scammers that declared that they were high risk and are sitting at home making 160k doing nothing.

We have a lady that works in the training dept that was told to start doing zoom meetings with the new guys and gals that are waiting to come into work and she basically got out of it because she doesn't know how to work zoom. My 9 yr old works zoom by himself.

I guess I can say I don't understand wake turbulence so I don't have to apply it.

One other thing I want to throw in here before I have to answer these with a hangover: the d sides and data only people honestly have no idea what the traffic level is like now vs before. Even though their opinions are already super salty, I still take them with a big grain of salt. Someone that's working a ton of scopes combined is probably getting close talking as much as before, but the planes aren't in conflict or even in the same airspace really. I know you have some d sides and "put me in coach I'm ready" but you really don't know what you don't know, you know?
Wtf. When do you think we got our certifications? We didn’t get them during covid.

On the subject of masks... I recently was waiting at a crosswalk near someone. Both of us were wearing masks. A teen yelled out a car window at us (in a strictly informative tone) "yo, you know you don't need to wear those." It occurred to me that maybe it just bothered him as a societal shift. As in, it hurts him to see this new world. It also occurs to me that this could be one of those things like 9/11 if we let it... security never went back to how it was, even though from the very get-go their response had no correlation to the attack. (The problem was never that they had weapons, it's that the passengers expected the hijackers to land the plane safely and have demands rather than suicide. This problem could not repeat after 9/11, because we are now all aware of it.)

So maybe some are worried masks will become one of those permanent things, (argument goes just like airport security: well, we already do it, might as well just keep doing it).... and frankly I'd rather chance my life than go through my entire life wearing one, especially given the low efficacy of cloth masks to begin with.

On the subject of masks... I recently was waiting at a crosswalk near someone. Both of us were wearing masks. A teen yelled out a car window at us (in a strictly informative tone) "yo, you know you don't need to wear those." It occurred to me that maybe it just bothered him as a societal shift. As in, it hurts him to see this new world. It also occurs to me that this could be one of those things like 9/11 if we let it... security never went back to how it was, even though from the very get-go their response had no correlation to the attack. (The problem was never that they had weapons, it's that the passengers expected the hijackers to land the plane safely and have demands rather than suicide. This problem could not repeat after 9/11, because we are now all aware of it.)

So maybe some are worried masks will become one of those permanent things, (argument goes just like airport security: well, we already do it, might as well just keep doing it).... and frankly I'd rather chance my life than go through my entire life wearing one, especially given the low efficacy of cloth masks to begin with.
There's a documentary called "Please Remove Your Shoes" that shows the TSA is essentially a massive waste of time and money. Don't think anyone really needs a documentary to reach that conclusion (see the "shoebomber" or "underwear bomber") but I think people are scared that masks are the new normal. I support wearing masks and I'm tired of wearing them. It's shitty. And since people are saying that it's basically going to be the new normal and COVID will come in waves like the flu yearly, it's going to be a matter of personal preference rather than mandatory in the future imo. If one is that paranoid of getting COVID they might as well just buy a n95 mask when the demand dies down and wear it 24/7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom