Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone that's working a ton of scopes combined is probably getting close talking as much as before, but the planes aren't in conflict or even in the same airspace really. I know you have some d sides and "put me in coach I'm ready" but you really don't know what you don't know, you know?

Center is easier than Tracon. Not all center areas are so big that the current a/c aren't in confliction, this is majorly overbroad statement. You must work at Salt Lake w Elizabeth Smart. Why do u hate trainees? they're ppl too!

We have a lady that works in the training dept that was told to start doing zoom meetings with the new guys and gals that are waiting to come into work and she basically got out of it because she doesn't know how to work zoom. My 9 yr old works zoom by himself.

I guess I can say I don't understand wake turbulence so I don't have to apply it.

LOL this is a great anecdote. Quintessential Govt Job. In fairness that's better than most of the biggest facilities who at any time have at LEAST half a dozen deadbeats on the capped out payroll for various indiscretions whether theyre stars on my 600 lb Life and cant get a medical, or on their 3rd DUI but their uncle is so and so at Headquarters. I used to think how could you be so shameless as to collect that kind of money without even the pretense of ANY productivity, but we are in a Brave New Covid World now. Bring on the HAzard Pay. They still have to go around to their corner bars and family picnics and tell people theyre "controllers" .

Yea but did you get your d sides and r side scopes before 9/11?! Stupid dirty trainee!!!!!

LIKE totally OMG. Pre 9/11 traffic was way worse than walking to school uphill BOTH ways with only one pair of ripped curduroys that Grandma had sewn patches into. Those pre 9/11 guys pre-Tinder Pre-iPhone that used to have their mistresses call "the desk" and circle jerk in the parking lot after work while crushing Natty Ice , man those guys were like the Marlboro man personified. Just so talented it cant be actualized by a little forum post. RVSM? pshhhh babies

and frankly I'd rather chance my life than go through my entire life wearing one, especially given the low efficacy of cloth masks to begin with.

me too. right now masks are WAY more about virtue signaling that you are doing "the right thing" than actually stopping the spread of any virus. the worst thing is the media's absolutely shameless double standard on who they mask or crowd shame most. Some groups are perfectly cool to assemble by the tens of thousands, other more simpleton rubes who dare gather are going to "kill our families!". Like the dastardly christians trying to worship. SEE: Chicago, yesterday. rahhhh….rabble rabble..Masks! Crowds! Masks! Large gathering! Shame Shame.... insert Greta Thunberg meme, You have Stolen my Dreams! how dare you!

Someone sack up and email Paul and Trish if you want to find the answers.

[email protected]

[email protected]

lol no offense but emailing Paul or Trish is a much bigger waste of time than writing to your favorite Athlete or musician when you were 11. Not only will you not get a fake signed glamour shot back, but you wouldnt want one. The best it will get you is a scolding fro your RVP about chain of command and the worst is an email challenging your manhood from Paul. (see email to Chris Boughn {thx GulfCharlie } halfway down page 4 of this thread, et al)

Last edited by a moderator:
lol no offense but emailing Paul or Trish is a much bigger waste of time than writing to your favorite Athlete or musician when you were 11. The best it will get you is a scolding fro your RVP about chain of command and the worst is an email challenging your manhood from Paul. (see email to Chris Boughn {thx GulfCharlie } halfway down page 4 of this thread, et al)
-"Hey Chris, Fuck you!!"
giphy.gif

Center is easier than Tracon. Not all center areas are so big that the current a/c aren't in confliction, this is majorly overbroad statement.

Not that it's relevant but I work at a TRACON. I was saying that working D sides or data in a TRACON is completely different than working the radar position and you don't fully understand the position until you've worked it. When those people say it's almost as busy as it was before I don't really listen to it

Not that it's relevant but I work at a TRACON. I was saying that working D sides or data in a TRACON is completely different than working the radar position and you don't fully understand the position until you've worked it. When those people say it's almost as busy as it was before I don't really listen to it
Coming from a D side at a Z, it’s similar. We’re an assistant and help enact the radar’s plan. We can make an impact and help when it’s bat shit crazy, but it’s very different from working on the other side. At our 12, in what people consider one of the more difficult areas, our traffic is not anything close to what it was.

Hey all the trainees should be getting their 1.6% raise tomorrow from the negotiated contract the Union they’re bashing got them. A little sumthin sumthin is nice and better than nuthin!!!

PushingTin

Really great post, just one thing I want you to do at home. Order Petri dishes and agar at home, make according to directions. Make at least four. Touch one with an unwashed hand, then wash your hands, and touch the other. Next, cough one one without a mask, then cough on one with a mask. I apprecy your views and that you understand slamming natty in the parking lot and have slumber parties and getting duis is the cool kids and I'm dying laughing here. But can you please do the mask experiment, for yourself. If you can't afford it I'll buy you the shit

PushingTin

Really great post, just one thing I want you to do at home. Order Petri dishes and agar at home, make according to directions. Make at least four. Touch one with an unwashed hand, then wash your hands, and touch the other. Next, cough one one without a mask, then cough on one with a mask. I apprecy your views and that you understand slamming natty in the parking lot and have slumber parties and getting duis is the cool kids and I'm dying laughing here. But can you please do the mask experiment, for yourself. If you can't afford it I'll buy you the shit

PushingTin

thank you! no.

giphy.gif

Wtf. When do you think we got our certifications? We didn’t get them during covid.
D-side certs aren’t anything to brag about regardless of traffic. There’s only so much you can fuck up. You’re pissed about being delayed and so is everyone else but one day you’ll get to sit in the r side chair and bitch and moan about everyone and everything knowing you earned the right. Life’s what you make it, if you want to be a victim you will feel like shit all the time or you can be thankful that you are somehow getting paid to stay home. Even in a trump admin ATC trainees are safe because of how long and expensive it is to train controllers.

Heard the week of July 20th is the possible date the red carpet is rolled out for trainees.

So Phillytroll69 ,

Petri dishes and lab experiments not withstanding; Why are masks not mandatory at work, and why do even you mask mafia people on this board not wear them there? It's ok to admit hypocrisy!

So Phillytroll69 ,

Petri dishes and lab experiments not withstanding; Why are masks not mandatory at work, and why do even you mask mafia people on this board not wear them there? It's ok to admit hypocrisy!
Here's my truthful answer-
A-it is illegal to require masks without a change in the law.
B-it is a way to help protect other people from you
C-There's no way it could happen to me so why should I wear a mask, only you should
D-start back at a

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom