Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Traffics not THAT slow.
Uh...speak for yourself. We have 2 trainees that were struggling so bad on normal traffic, getting ready to have their training suspended. The traffic we have now, ANYBODYYYY could work. Anybody. We are at like 20-30% depending on the day. I don’t think these 2 could or should certify but it’s not really up to me.

Uh...speak for yourself. We have 2 trainees that were struggling so bad on normal traffic, getting ready to have their training suspended. The traffic we have now, ANYBODYYYY could work. Anybody. We are at like 20-30% depending on the day. I don’t think these 2 could or should certify but it’s not really up to me.
It’s almost like different facilities have different levels of traffic rn

great. There are 6 months until Christmas. That’s about how long most people spend in the back/upstairs/whatever at a Z. Why wait until then to START that process? Bring them back. There is no way in hell the FAA is going to pay people to sit at home for nearly a year doing literally nothing. Advocating to keep trainees at home until then is ba0sically advocating for a furloughed workforce. And honestly, let’s do it. You’ll never get a day off or your leave approved after a couple guys in your facility retire, but fuck it, let’s do it.

ALSO, what the hell was the point of locking one thread and starting another one that was essentially a continuation of the first thread? Waste of energy to show some power...?

I mean I can’t speak to your traffic levels, just what I’ve seen in the NATCA emails and at my center. 20-30% traffic you should be in mid config all day and couldn’t train even if you wanted to.

I’m sure you’re a pleasure to work with and a pleasure to train with those rays of positivity. Relax bubba, you’re not the first controller in FAA history to go through this. For now, enjoy the vacay and wear a mask.
I mean, point to me an FAA controller that has gone through a pandemic like this

I mean I can’t speak to your traffic levels, just what I’ve seen in the NATCA emails and at my center. 20-30% traffic you should be in mid config all day and couldn’t train even if you wanted to.
We’re definitely well past double that number daily

Welp, another day, another National NATCA email with 0 information about training. Looks like they’ve got plenty of merch for sale though! Guess there’s always next month ?‍♂️
No training for the foreseeable future. Furloughs and possibly RIFs will eventually happen. There is no way around it.

We really could work the whole day in mid config except for maybe 2 30 min stretches in the am and maybe 1 or 2 in the afternoon. Even then we still technically could but theres a little more and does warrant another body. We do two person mids as it is but they would never let us do that. Even when traffic was normal there were a lot of times where they do open another position because I don’t know they’re dumb or they don’t trust us or it’s just crowd control or something. I guess the last couple weeks have increased a little bit but it’s so spread out over the whole day that it really doesn’t change anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom