Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the Post Malone/JRE episode was cray, but this David Choe episode is ???????
I talked to Trish the other day on the phone. And obviously the FAA sees an opportunity to save money. Hopefully they don’t do something stupid by letting trainees go. They should do a top down buy out or early go package if that is the goal. I wouldn’t say anything is off the table. I’m not trolling I understand it can be uncomfortable as a trainee. The unions silence is concerning enough. Who knows where this is going. I don’t think anyone will know until late September when we see what traffic levels are post summer. Most of the core 30 will be back to or above 60% by Sept 1. We’ll see if that holds into the fall. It’s a relative number to 2019 numbers which was the busiest ever so take it with a grain of salt.
Where are you seeing the core 30 percentage should be above 60% by September 1? Drop a link, because I haven’t seen any projections that optimistic.

I think training will restart sometime late October/November or later (if there truly is a "2nd wave" then later, but I dint think this first wave is nearly as big a deal as they're making it) I dont think there will ever be RIFs. I think furloughs are possible, but probably only if Trump wins. I dont think the idea of furlougj is outlandish or for fetched though. Anyone who laughs them off do so at your own peril. Any actual reduction in force (it's likely facility numbers will eventually go down along w the traffic counts) will be though attrition. Might actually help those who are already in, to more easily transfer eventually.

Part of my contrarian views on this are because I think the premise is all wrong. None of the powers actually care about trainees, they have the least power/pull/influence. If bringing them back ruins the true power players golden schedule, thatvaint happening. It's just not. This is a once in a career boondoggle going on. Combined that w I dont think the reasons for not training are an honest position, I think trainees are being moved around the board like pawns. No one that's emailed is going to say that to you though. They're going to give you happy talk and platitudes.

P.s. it's pretty funny that when mnsalty first started on the furlough train, most ppl laughed him off and took him as a joke. A couple years ago Trump said theyll be coming after George Washington, Andrew Jackson, etc... and everyone laughed. It's just as likely as not that Salty is a visionary w great instincts, just like The Donald.

I think it’s hilarious also, how people thought I was wanting or advocating for furloughs. Couldn’t have been farther from the truth. But the moment the email hit my inbox, it was my instinct.

PT nails it again, and like it or not, his posts speak truth.

covid will go away after the election

Trump will give controllers hazard pay and a great contract

all the trainees get retroactive raises as the payscale is now based on zoom training completed
The 3 months between the election and Biden taking office are going to be fugging wild

covid will go away after the election

Trump will give controllers hazard pay and a great contract

all the trainees get retroactive raises as the payscale is now based on zoom training completed

Nice to be making 80K while still in the academy ;)

I think it’s hilarious also, how people thought I was wanting or advocating for furloughs. Couldn’t have been farther from the truth. But the moment the email hit my inbox, it was my instinct.

PT nails it again, and like it or not, his posts speak truth.
When was this furlough train started?

I think training will restart sometime late October/November or later (if there truly is a "2nd wave" then later, but I dint think this first wave is nearly as big a deal as they're making it) I dont think there will ever be RIFs. I think furloughs are possible, but probably only if Trump wins. I dont think the idea of furlougj is outlandish or for fetched though. Anyone who laughs them off do so at your own peril. Any actual reduction in force (it's likely facility numbers will eventually go down along w the traffic counts) will be though attrition. Might actually help those who are already in, to more easily transfer eventually.

Part of my contrarian views on this are because I think the premise is all wrong. None of the powers actually care about trainees, they have the least power/pull/influence. If bringing them back ruins the true power players golden schedule, thatvaint happening. It's just not. This is a once in a career boondoggle going on. Combined that w I dont think the reasons for not training are an honest position, I think trainees are being moved around the board like pawns. No one that's emailed is going to say that to you though. They're going to give you happy talk and platitudes.

P.s. it's pretty funny that when mnsalty first started on the furlough train, most ppl laughed him off and took him as a joke. A couple years ago Trump said theyll be coming after George Washington, Andrew Jackson, etc... and everyone laughed. It's just as likely as not that Salty is a visionary w great instincts, just like The Donald.
Everything this guys says is the truth, after a year of listening to his shit you have to fucking admit it, if you deny it it’s because you are scared to admit the truth or living in a fucking #bestjobintheworld dreamland.

yeah, that was the other crazy guy. I didn’t write the thread about the staffing problem where the guy claims traffic will NEVER come back.
You have to at least quote me in the full context. I said traffic will "never return until there is a shift in policy in Washington."

You have to at least quote me in the full context. I said traffic will "never return until there is a shift in policy in Washington."

regardless - I don’t believe thats necessary anyways. Airlines will always find a way to make money by moving goods around. It’s what they do.

regardless - I don’t believe thats necessary anyways. Airlines will always find a way to make money by moving goods around. It’s what they do.
Yeah which is why American has a cash burn of $55 million a day and United is burning $25 mill/day. I'd imagine it's a similar situation for the other big airlines too. I wonder how long that business model is sustainable. They'd better "find a way to make money by moving goods around" before it's too late.

Yeah which is why American has a cash burn of $55 million a day and United is burning $25 mill/day. I'd imagine it's a similar situation for the other big airlines too. I wonder how long that business model is sustainable. They'd better "find a way to make money by moving goods around" before it's too late.

I never said it would be the same airlines in 10 years. Look at the airlines we had 10-15 years ago versus today... it’s not the same. It could happen if congress quits propping them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom