Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah I got a couple herniated discs

I lost my medical initially because I couldn’t really walk and was on pain killers. But it was literally the week we all got yeeted so it wasn’t that big of a deal. Once I got my medical back I’ve just been sending the surgeon updates. I’ve told him about the injections and he didn’t really say anything about it. Just asked if I could work pain free. He also pointed me in the direction of some muscle relaxers I could get that have shorter DQ times. (One is only 12 hours). But honestly I haven’t had to take any since the injection. It was a game changer. I also did a bunch of PT which is made the second injection last a long time. Frankly I’d get 3 injections a year over surgery if it comes down to it. We’ll see what happens.
Just get the fucking surgery. The recovery isn’t that bad and is way easier than back spasms and sciatica. Especially now that they can do it without opening you up.

Just get the fucking surgery. The recovery isn’t that bad and is way easier than back spasms and sciatica. Especially now that they can do it without opening you up.
If it comes down to it. I feel 100% right now. I may never need another injection. But if it starts to come back I’ll just get another one and go talk to the spine doctor some more.

when my back blew out it was pain i can’t even explain. And i was half way up a mountain. Got shuttled to a hospital and had to be like extracted from the car. So bad.

If it comes down to it. I feel 100% right now. I may never need another injection. But if it starts to come back I’ll just get another one and go talk to the spine doctor some more.

when my back blew out it was pain i can’t even explain. And i was half way up a mountain. Got shuttled to a hospital and had to be like extracted from the car. So bad.
Trust me I get it. I had a discectomy when I was in high school. Injections helped for a couple days and then it was back to pain. If the injections work long term then absolutely do them but they didn’t do shit for me and I’d hate to have to do them for the rest of my life.

I always hear the surgery is hit or miss and can make it worse.

Trust me I get it. I had a discectomy when I was in high school. Injections helped for a couple days and then it was back to pain. If the injections work long term then absolutely do them but they didn’t do shit for me and I’d hate to have to do them for the rest of my life.
Mine plu PT have worked really well and we are 6 months in. I’ll probably do another injection around Christmas.

but yah if they stop working ill be looking at surgery as an option

I’ve heard this too. But I haven’t talked to my doctor about it yet cus they wanted to do this first

I’ve never heard it makes it worse. I still have problems to this day but I’m pretty sure I have permanent nerve damage from how bad mine was.

But don’t take my word for it just do what your doctor says if it comes down to it. I had a top pediatric orthopedic surgeon do my surgery so I felt good about it. I noticed it was better when I woke up from my surgery, aside from the pain of getting cut open.

I’ve never heard it makes it worse. I still have problems to this day but I’m pretty sure I have permanent nerve damage from how bad mine was.

But don’t take my word for it just do what your doctor says if it comes down to it. I had a top pediatric orthopedic surgeon do my surgery so I felt good about it. I noticed it was better when I woke up from my surgery, aside from the pain of getting cut open.
Back problems suck.

giphy.gif

As someone who had spondylolisthesis from ages 19-22, spinal shots were a godsend. I got them 2 years ago and almost all my back pain has gone away. I still get sore sometimes but it’s very manageable. I will always recommend that to anyone who might need them. I’ve heard surgery doesnt really work 100% of the time and once you get it done you can never go back.

As someone who had spondylolisthesis from ages 19-22, spinal shots were a godsend. I got them 2 years ago and almost all my back pain has gone away. I still get sore sometimes but it’s very manageable. I will always recommend that to anyone who might need them. I’ve heard surgery doesnt really work 100% of the time and once you get it done you can never go back.
This sounds awful. I had a ruptured disk so my options were limited.

I've been called worse. You can't convince me that Trump is really the best that the Republicans can produce. He's nothing more than a showman that knows how to use key words and phrases to get his base excited. I was actually willing to overlook alot of things and possibly vote for him, but this whole payroll tax deferral nonsense proves he doesn't really have a clue.
Just put $248 aside a paycheck till the last pay period of the year and redeposit back into your account on the first pay period of the year and you’re good ??

I fully expect when the aliens arrive they will broadcast “Make America Great Again!” On the sides of their ships to lull us into thinking they’re friendly.

If I learned anything last year, it’s that the aliens don’t come in spaceships, they come in caravans and the anal rape is real. And some, I’m sure, are good spacemen.

Just put $248 aside a paycheck till the last pay period of the year and redeposit back into your account on the first pay period of the year and you’re good ??
That's been the plan except it will be going in a savings account. The point is He's not really accomplishing anything by deferring the tax. All it's doing is forcing a loan on to people that don't want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom