Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm always surprised how screwed the majority of this workforce is if this wasn't there job. Surprising for a group meant to have plan A thru H in mind.
Heh. I tell people that nothing motivated me enough to make good money. ATC is self motivating. You don't do the work right, people die. Boom: motivation.
I thought I'd be joining a league of extraordinary gentlemen.
More like a league of extraordinarily lucky gentlemen.

I'm always surprised how screwed the majority of this workforce is if this wasn't there job. Surprising for a group meant to have plan A thru H in mind.
I don't have a solid backup plan I've really put much thought into, but if I lost my medical or something I think I'd be able to parlay my atc experience into something else.

I'd love to go back to school and finish a degree in something non aviation related, but I don't see that I don't see that happening anytime soon.

I don't have a solid backup plan I've really put much thought into, but if I lost my medical or something I think I'd be able to parlay my atc experience into something else.

I'd love to go back to school and finish a degree in something non aviation related, but I don't see that I don't see that happening anytime soon.
Remix!

I do school full time for my second degree for basic business management, first one is a logistics one which went along with my last career. Shit goes south in the ATC world I'm jumping ship to the bigger DoT life.

I do school full time for my second degree for basic business management, first one is a logistics one which went along with my last career. Shit goes south in the ATC world I'm jumping ship to the bigger DoT life.
I'm mostly concerned I'd make a rash decision and I'll be tempted to dip my toes in elsewhere if I did. To be honest the longer I do this job the more I'm disenchanted by it, but the pay and benefits are too good to pass up in lieu of a career change with a probable pay and benefit cut. so I suck it up and drive on. Change is scary when life is good haha.

That said, if the good parts of this job went away, I'm not a "best job in the world" kinda guy, I'd totally dip if it was no longer beneficial to do this job. People who act like being a controller is some gift that you have to "earn" and base their personality around it bug the shit out of me.

Same but I don’t want to go back into the mines

If you think your taxes will go down under a Biden administration when you make over probably 80k your dreaming. Their whole platform is take from people to give to other people and I guarantee you they have many a rich person/businesses donating to their campaign and they won’t want to get taxed more. I can make ya a tax plan that sounds great too, until you try and implement it.
Stuff like this is often true. It’s hilarious when people like Bernie say he will only “tax the rich” and then you look at the details of what he defines as “rich” lol. Remember the Bernie free healthcare thing? The first 29K you made was free, then you were taxed 4% on the rest of your income for the comprehensive healthcare. Take a minute and do the math on that. Unless you are at a level five, I bet you would wind up paying more and potentially a lot more then you are now (plus the coverage would suck as the system would be flooded with another 40 million people or so).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom