Dismiss Notice
Much more information and resources are available to registered users. Sign up now to take full advantage of the site!

Single family home in Newcastle

Discussion in 'Housing Providers' started by MJ, Oct 8, 2017.

1. MJ

MJ Administrator Staff Member

MJ submitted a new resource:

Single family home in Newcastle - Cabin on 5-acre lot

Read more about this resource...

2. Chris L

Chris L FNG

My time at the academy is about up, and I'm doing my landlord a favor by posting the home I've been renting. It's a standalone 1-bedroom home, not an apartment! First things first, rent is $770/mo plus electricity (which during the dead heat of summer was about $150), with a very reasonable deposit. This amounts to under $31/day, for those comparing to other rates. Water and internet service are included. Can be split between 2 people, if one is willing to sleep on a hide-a-bed in the living room.

The house is on a 5-acre lot just west of Newcastle, which is shared with the landlord's home, but with ample separation. The property has lots of mature trees, green grass, a pond, and plenty of wildlife, including turkeys, rabbits, and deer. You won't find a more quiet and serene rental for this rate near the airport! It's about a 20 minute drive to the Academy, and I never had any issues with traffic in either direction, no matter the time of day. Due to the location, it's actually easier to enter through the less-used South gate of the Aeronautical Center, which generally means less time waiting for ID checks. If you plan on traveling to OKC with a trailer, no worries! There's ample room to park it. The landlord is non-obtrusive, very friendly and responsive to issues that arise. I couldn't ask for a better one. She also knows that you need a monthly receipt and what needs to be on it for you to get your per-diem; I never had an issue collecting the full rate from the FAA in my nearly-4 months here.

The house itself has 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom. It was recently remodeled and comes fully furnished, complete with everything from bedding to cleaning supplies to cookware and silverware (not to mention all basic appliances you'd expect to find). The best way to describe it is it's already a home. Quite literally all you need to bring is clothes and toiletries, along with any other personal effects you might want while you're here. It has a large, attached 1-car garage (it fit both my motorcycle and full-size pickup), a very large walk-in shower, and a large walk-in closet built with concrete walls to serve as a storm shelter (not that you need to worry about storms this time of year, but just in case). The landlord has given the OK to bring small, well-behaved pets, but be aware, the yard is not fenced.

All in all, this is the perfect place to be if you have pets or a significant other traveling with you, or if you just want to be in a quiet, serene location. It's a lovely home, and one of the most reasonably priced in the area.

The home will be available by October 26, and a second, similar home may become available at the same location around January. If you have any questions about my stay here, feel free to send me a message via PointSixtyFive. All other questions, please contact the owner, Lori, at (405) 593-7855.

Attached Files:

MJ and all4traffic like this.
  3. DL0509

DL0509 Developmental

Do you if they would accept people just going for RTF?

4. Chris L

Chris L FNG

I'm sure the landlord would be open. Its less about ATC students and more about short-term renters.