STARS data block/adaptations

GulfCharlie

Comrade Commissar
FAA
Facility
Command Center
Is there a personal STARS setting to remove the transponder from the data block? It is always visible underneath the callsign /speed/altitude/aircraft type even without hitting the top left “blank” button on the keyboard.

I seem to remember it being a setting but I haven’t had to change my preferences in ages.

Also… STARS QWERTY keyboards are king.

Is there a personal STARS setting to remove the transponder from the data block? It is always visible underneath the callsign /speed/altitude/aircraft type even without hitting the top left “blank” button on the keyboard.

I seem to remember it being a setting but I haven’t had to change my preferences in ages.

Also… STARS QWERTY keyboards are king.

I don’t know if it’s a personal setting or one the automations guy has to do for everyone but i know it’s possible. And god I miss the QWERTY.

I don't think there is a personal setting. There is a rule that can be set-up that will allow a facility to toggle (enable-disable) display of Mode 3 in a FDB using an F16 command.

Your facility STARS folks should have a STARS Site Rules Document and the ability to coordinate with your OSF. I cannot recall the specific rule off the top of my head but it might be STARS-D-1005.

I don’t know if it’s a personal setting or one the automations guy has to do for everyone but i know it’s possible. And god I miss the QWERTY.
With EWR going to PHL, I'd imagine not many old timers are going and maybe you guys could get a unanimous vote to get qwerty and make the EWR area truly great again!

Two questions lads with the preface of “I am not a tech” but what are the two adaptations (so we can enable them) for putting altitudes in the data block (for climbing and descent) like “descend and maintain five-thousand” +050, and the mileage on final so you would not have to throw up J-rings or splat T.
Trying to get some things changed to improve QOL.

The final one is ATPA, still looking for the altitude one

Two questions lads with the preface of “I am not a tech” but what are the two adaptations (so we can enable them) for putting altitudes in the data block (for climbing and descent) like “descend and maintain five-thousand” +050, and the mileage on final so you would not have to throw up J-rings or splat T.

I think you are talking about requested altitude. When we switched over they asked us if we wanted requested to show in the third line. We said no.

We have the +ALT for assigned altitude. Maybe it's just enabling that third line scratchpad. The ++ALT for requested altitude also works for us but that one is totally useless and displays nothing on the screen.

We have the +ALT for assigned altitude. Maybe it's just enabling that third line scratchpad. The ++ALT for requested altitude also works for us but that one is totally useless and displays nothing on the screen.
We have this and is used everyday. Point outs and info is all transferred via data blocks, not calling. Way easier.

Yea like I said we use the + as well. There is also ++ and that is worthless for us...maybe it's set up differently.
++390 flash a point out let’s them know the guy is climbing above their airspace. Now it varies from facility to facility. I don’t want p cones telling me I’m having wake turbulence error. Shit I can see that myself. Clean scope better than a messy one

Quick update: Multi-Function F will display /hide the beacon code in the data block… finally found it!

Try multi function + Z slew on a/c. Tells you a lot of information if you understand it

So F7-F? That just displays the filter limits for me.

Edit: Tried F7-B and that just works like a toggleable beaconator button.
Yeah my facility might be behind a few adaptations but for me it’s Multi-Function F to toggle it.

Back
Top Bottom