Still Waiting 2018 bid

Jbgolfer06

Lurker
Applied July 2018 bid. Made it through all of the clearances except for the medical clearance. I had 2 prior alcohol related incidents 7 years and 14 years prior to my application so they requested a substance abuse evaluation. They weren’t very specific on what they were requesting so I did a evaluation with a substance abuse counselor only later to find out I needed a HIMS evaluation. I submitted the requested HIMS evaluation 11 months ago and every time I ask for a update they say I’m still waiting for my file to be reviewed but that I’m still moving forward in the process. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could do? I feel like I’ve been pretty patient only emailing for updates once every 4 or 5 months. Does this seem normal to have been waiting almost an entire year for a evaluation to be reviewed?

Have you tried calling HR?
Applied July 2018 bid. Made it through all of the clearances except for the medical clearance. I had 2 prior alcohol related incidents 7 years and 14 years prior to my application so they requested a substance abuse evaluation. They weren’t very specific on what they were requesting so I did a evaluation with a substance abuse counselor only later to find out I needed a HIMS evaluation. I submitted the requested HIMS evaluation 11 months ago and every time I ask for a update they say I’m still waiting for my file to be reviewed but that I’m still moving forward in the process. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could do? I feel like I’ve been pretty patient only emailing for updates once every 4 or 5 months. Does this seem normal to have been waiting almost an entire year for a evaluation to be reviewed?
Similar situation (ARI x2). Never did HIMS, just the psych evaluation with an FAA sponsored psychiatrist.

Received TOL on 2017 bid and finally got a facility list in summer of 2020. I would guess you’re close. PM me for more details if you’d like.

Legit. Reach out to your Senator. They have an office to move paperwork like this. Don't be looking for a sob story, just lay it out and ask for some help. I had something similar happen and reaching out to my Senator payed off in spades. DM if you have questions.

When should I reach out to a senator? I have a fairly extensive folder but nothing that I feel should hold it up this long. I’ve had everything submitted for 9 months and I only get the generic email back from medical about how it’s with the flight surgeon awaiting review.

You can keep calling the flight surgeon's office. You've probably been sidelined completely because the flight surgeons have been busy handing out quarantines and contact tracing for the last year and a half. Your stuff is probably in some folder that hasn't been touched since the beginning of covid.

Applied July 2018 bid. Made it through all of the clearances except for the medical clearance. I had 2 prior alcohol related incidents 7 years and 14 years prior to my application so they requested a substance abuse evaluation. They weren’t very specific on what they were requesting so I did a evaluation with a substance abuse counselor only later to find out I needed a HIMS evaluation. I submitted the requested HIMS evaluation 11 months ago and every time I ask for a update they say I’m still waiting for my file to be reviewed but that I’m still moving forward in the process. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could do? I feel like I’ve been pretty patient only emailing for updates once every 4 or 5 months. Does this seem normal to have been waiting almost an entire year for a evaluation to be revi
When I started my wait I called HR once a week(every Tuesday at 9am). I told them i would be doing this once a week just to make sure they didn't forget about me. They told me it wasn't necessary, but I did it anyways, because why not. I then increased it to twice a week. The start of the third month was every M,W,F. I got my list the 2nd week of the 3rd month. Cant say this actually helped, but its what I suggest. This was also 5 years ago.

HR doesn't process the clearances. The AME does the physical, drug test, and psych evaluation. Whoever the contract company is does the background check. HR literally just sends the paperwork out and then waits for those offices to tell them you have cleared. Once they have all your clearances and the ATO has released class dates to HR then HR assigns class dates based on when you received your clearances. So when they tell you they are waiting on your clearance from medical or your background check to go through beyond calling the next point of contact (which more than likely you could do yourself) they can't do much for you.

Back
Top Bottom