Terminal Terminal Basics 04/10/19

yup

Trusted Contributor
Got offered this class date, will likely take it. Sounds like we'll be competing with the 4/9 Enroute class for the best rooms!

Just accepted my FOL for this class. Super excited :)
Any idea where you're staying yet? I'm trying to find out where people will be so we can get a solid study group going, but it seems everyone on this site who got an April date got the enroute class! And I can't find a facebook group yet.

Any idea where you're staying yet? I'm trying to find out where people will be so we can get a solid study group going, but it seems everyone on this site who got an April date got the enroute class! And I can't find a facebook group yet.
Yeah I haven’t found many people from this class yet but I’m sure that’ll change. I’m going with Kim’s place.

Well... if anyone else from this class sees this, I am considering Isola Bella. If I can find a roommate (pm me!), apparently the two-bedroom options are $65/night total, so that's only $32.50 each—attractive to me because I still have to pay out the last couple months of my lease back home... I'm not expecting five-star meals but the fact that they include at least something for breakfast and dinner could amount to some pretty decent savings.

Well... if anyone else from this class sees this, I am considering Isola Bella. If I can find a roommate (pm me!), apparently the two-bedroom options are $65/night total, so that's only $32.50 each—attractive to me because I still have to pay out the last couple months of my lease back home... I'm not expecting five-star meals but the fact that they include at least something for breakfast and dinner could amount to some pretty decent savings.

I posted the same thing on Stuckmic. Sent you a PM. Im in a similar spot with a lease, so the savings will be good. I don't really want to stay at IB alone since study groups seem to be really important, so if not enough people stay at IB then I'll probably be trying to get into Kims once i'm there. Hopefully there's enough at IB for this class that we can have study groups most nights?

Posted in the main hiring thread, figured I should post here too. Accepted FOL for this date. Gonna stay at IB. Looking for a roommate to save a little more.

Accepted this 4/10 terminal class date as well.. just found this thread. I will be staying at Kim’s place. Hearing rumor about online ATB classes vs in the classroom now. Anyone hear anything similar?

Accepted this 4/10 terminal class date as well.. just found this thread. I will be staying at Kim’s place. Hearing rumor about online ATB classes vs in the classroom now. Anyone hear anything similar?

The class that just started Basics last week is doing this. Entirely computer-based and self-paced, no night classes, and there are more than a dozen suits in the back of the classroom observing every day. I believe they're the first ones to try this method since the shutdown. Presumably their results will help inform if every future class will operate this way.

The class that just started Basics last week is doing this. Entirely computer-based and self-paced, no night classes, and there are more than a dozen suits in the back of the classroom observing every day. I believe they're the first ones to try this method since the shutdown. Presumably their results will help inform if every future class will operate this way.
The first terminal basics course that was blackboard based was interrupted by the shutdown. When they brought those students back, they restarted from Day 1 on the traditional instructor-led course. Will be interesting to see how this class does. As a bonus, expect the first two classes to be pass/pass.
The blackboard-based training is a little over a week shorter than the traditional.

For basics only, right? Too much to hope for that initial tower cab would be pass/pass.
Basics only. If the tower classes it led into would be pass/pass, that would be a super double bonus...which wouldn't happen.

Basics only. If the tower classes it led into would be pass/pass, that would be a super double bonus...which wouldn't happen.

For whatever it's worth, the students in that class have been told they're pass/fail - although I guess it doesn't make sense to tell them up front that they don't need to bother to pay attention since they'll be pushed through regardless.

When some people from this class inevitably fail out of initial tower, do you think they'd have a reasonable case for a recycle or pushthrough using the argument that they weren't adequately prepared from their Basics class? I personally think it's a dumb argument, unless nearly 100% of their class washes out or something, but I can see that being contested.

Back
Top Bottom