The ‘hard’ Saturday night mid shift

ATC-SKI-BOARD

Why does the hard mid still exist? Does every other 24 hour government job (police, fire, hospitals, security, etc) also have to deal with this? They can figure out holiday pay when the day-in-lieu-of falls on the Saturday prior to a Monday holiday, but they cant have 10pm-12am carryover to the next pay period?

Why is it that big a deal. You get two hours of pay for taking a nap at the end of what would be a normal mid shift. Plus Sunday pay at 25%. Get over it.

We tried to negotiate 10-hr AWS lines which have to have a hard 9pm start time, but the hard mid also screws up Sunday night because they can’t come in until 10pm. And sups will make them come back for another rotation Sunday morning “because their shift is so late into the morning.” Also pushes back swing staffing from 2pm to 4pm, so that they can work up until midnight when the mid starts. Seems like it’s just been the status quo for so long that no one has tried to figure out why payroll can’t change it.

Stay at work? Or stay on position? Because I’ll agree that would suck staying on position past 6.
On position. Depends on who the FLM is on the morning shift, but it happens a decent amount from what I understand. I dont have the seniority to get the 12-8 mids so it doesnt matter to me lol.

A little different story having to stay on for sure. As well as trying to do 10 hour lines. You could earn credit and burn credit right? Would just lose the differentials for two hours.

We take leave, but that doesn't seem like a reason to alternate between 10-6 and 12-8 every other week

Back
Top Bottom