The Anatole on MacArthur

The Anatole on MacArthur

TAS

Looks like this on the faa bus route listed not as Anatole but as
Transportation Location ONLY!!! for DAY Route 5
5924 S.W. 12th
Anyone confirm this?
Also do they offer a courtesy car like Ive seen some others to get groceries?
5924 SW 12th is the address for the Anatole South clubhouse which is where the shuttle picks up/drops off. They do not have courtesy cars.

Finished academy at the end of January stayed at Anatole. I'd highly recommend it.
Only downside I experienced was my apartment faced MacArthur Blvd. Which has constant traffic and at least 1 high speed chase a night.
I just hung some thick black-out curtains and that took care of it.
If anyone has any questions about Anatole South or Academy in general just ask away.

I read that they charge the full per diem for a one bedroom. Do you know what they charge if you are in a 2 bedroom with a room mate and do they help to find you a room mate?

Hitchcock

Trusted Contributor
FAA
Facility
ZDV Denver Center
Does anyone know if the FAA housing providers charge you extra for bringing a spouse to stay in the one bedroom?

I stayed at anatole over the summer. I went through their website and signed a 4 month lease and ended up getting a good price at 850 or so. But they are unfurnished if you go through anatole and not the FAA providers.
@Papa_Mike

I know this post is a little old, but how many rooms did you have? Where you close to your classmates?

Alpha Mike

Trusted Contributor
Finished academy at the end of January stayed at Anatole. I'd highly recommend it.
Only downside I experienced was my apartment faced MacArthur Blvd. Which has constant traffic and at least 1 high speed chase a night.
I just hung some thick black-out curtains and that took care of it.
If anyone has any questions about Anatole South or Academy in general just ask away.
Staying at Anatole for the academy in July. What is the best way of ensuring you get full per-diem while staying there? Should I pay it myself and then issue receipts later on?

Anatole screwed the shit out of me when I left my apartment, tried changing my lease date despite me having all my paperwork with the original 4 month agreement. $900 in false charges...don't stay directly with them go through faarooms or something if you plan to stay there. the location was great and the apartment was nice but i'd hate to ever recommend anyone ever deal with them.

Hitchcock

Trusted Contributor
FAA
Facility
ZDV Denver Center
To be fair the FAA highly recommended not signing a lease for a reason... These providers close to the academy are well aware that you will likely be leaving the state afterwards when you sign a 4 month lease. All apartments will screw you if they think it will be easy.

I want to stay here cause it seems nicer and less crowded place with my wife. But I also have 2 dogs, do they allow that? Also does this take up the entire diem staying here? Thanks

TKA

I’m here now and signed a 4 month lease with Anatole so I can pocket extra per diem and also because my wife and kids come to visit. Overall it’s a good place to live and close to a lot of shopping and restaurants. But if most of your classmates live at Kim’s or IB just be prepared to drive there. If you don’t have a car then I would recommend staying where the majority of your class is. They do allow dogs here but I’m not sure how the deposits work for that. As for what some of the other guys in this thread were talking about with Anatole trying to charge them extra at the end of their lease, I think that likely happened because they didn’t give their 60 day move out notice. 2 months before your lease end date, you HAVE to give them a move out notice otherwise they will charge you extra. It’s written in the lease contract you sign but most people don’t really pay attention to it. This is actually true for a lot of apartment complexes all across the US, you have to give a move out notice otherwise they will charge you. Some other downsides to signing a lease directly with Anatole: 1. They charge $100 extra per month bc it’s a short term lease (still cheaper than using up all your housing per diem though) 2. You get an unfurnished apartment 3. If you decide ATC is not for you and want to resign, or if you fail basics, it’s hard to get out of the lease, your only option in this case may be to sublease but who wants to go through that hassle. Kim’s and IB and the Anatole corporate housing providers let you leave anytime without any penalties as far as I know. This is why the FAA recommends against signing any lease, but if you know all of these things going in and are ready to accept the risk, then go for it. I’m saving a lot of money here and get to live by myself. Plus it’s the closest to the academy. Was worth it for me and it best fit my needs.

I want to stay here cause it seems nicer and less crowded place with my wife. But I also have 2 dogs, do they allow that? Also does this take up the entire diem staying here? Thanks
If you sign a lease directly with Anatole for an unfurnished apartment, then no, you don’t use up all your per diem. But if you go through one of the 5 or 6 corporate housing providers and don’t have a roommate, then yes you use up your entire housing per diem (but not your food per diem). If you have a roommate at Anatole with one of the corporate housing providers, then you pay $39 per day (same rate as Kim’s for having 2 other roommates) and pocket the rest.

If you sign a lease directly with Anatole for an unfurnished apartment, then no, you don’t use up all your per diem. But if you go through one of the 5 or 6 corporate housing providers and don’t have a roommate, then yes you use up your entire housing per diem (but not your food per diem). If you have a roommate at Anatole with one of the corporate housing providers, then you pay $39 per day (same rate as Kim’s for having 2 other roommates) and pocket the rest.
Awesome, if you go through corporate housing providers does it come furnished as well?