The Anatole on MacArthur

The Anatole on MacArthur

Cineo

Has anyone used any of the other Anatole housing providers besides faarooms? Was wondering if anyone could recommend them or had any reviews.

Hitchcock

Forum Sage
FAA
Facility
ZDV Denver Center
Has anyone used any of the other Anatole housing providers besides faarooms? Was wondering if anyone could recommend them or had any reviews.
A&T has been good I leave in 2 weeks

darbs2112

Lurker
I stayed at Anatole on MacArthur North thru Modern Living while at the Academy. I really enjoyed Anatole and my apartment was very nice. My landlord, Derek Byrd, was amazing. Always easy to reach, quick to respond when I texted or left a voice mail. I needed the washer and AC looked at during my stay (at seperate times,) and each time Derek had someone knocking at my door quickly, sometimes within 20 mins! He was also very friendly and patient because you will have 1000 questions about everything, and having a friendly voice over the phone is a big deal with all the other stressful things you have to deal with during the Academy. Fortunately Modern Living has been taking care of Academy Students for a while and they have everything down to a science.

srevers

Lurker
If anyone is headed to the Academy and looking for a recommendation on where to stay, I would highly recommend booking at Anatole via Zoe Homes OKC (www.zoehomesokc.com). I graduated last week, and stayed there for the 3 months I was in OKC. I would definitely stay there again, and would book again through Zoe Homes. The complex is extremely conveniently located - About a 10 min drive to MMAC and about 5 mins to stores and restaurants. Apartment was clean, fully furnished (with nice furniture!), and had every needed amenity. Zoe Homes was so friendly and easy to work with... Definitely check them out if you need a place to stay!

bigshotscott

Trusted Contributor
So I have a 4/9 start date and am leaning towards Anatole as it seems fairly nice, close to the academy, has shuttle service, etc. Also most people in this thread have had good things to say about their time there. Do I book through faarooms.com? It sounds like if you go through Anatole directly you might get screwed with paying more at the end?

CheeseEQ

Lurker
Can anyone tell me about the fitness center, and what types of machines/free weights they have. I've been trying to look for images, but all I can find are pictures of treadmills.

BillyBob

Forum Sage
Can anyone tell me about the fitness center, and what types of machines/free weights they have. I've been trying to look for images, but all I can find are pictures of treadmills.
It’s a small room in the leasing office, mostly treadmills and very few free weights, 1 bench

CheeseEQ

Lurker
It’s a small room in the leasing office, mostly treadmills and very few free weights, 1 bench
Darn... That confirms what I was seeing in the pictures, I was hoping there was another room or something. Need a place to workout to relieve stress.

CheeseEQ

Lurker
Kim's place comes with a full gym membership if it's that important
I thought about Kim's place, but I prefer my personal space especially at night. I guess the gym at the academy is the best option like Hitchcock mentioned. Just hope I don't miss the shuttle bus, not sure how that works.

Sunshine

Trusted Contributor
People say that the South is newer and nicer but what is not being said is that the North is ancient and awful with very old appliances and fityy shag carpet. I was there until I saw a unit in the South. It is unbelievable that you pay the same amount for a beautiful, updated cheery unit and a dirty, awful outdated one. Also, all the units on the 1st floor are cement. Stay on the 2nd or 3rd floor (with vaulted ceilings) if you can. My advice is to avoid the North at all costs!

anielm19

Lurker
Which do you guys suggest? Isola Bella or Anatole. I prefer having my own apartment and won't have a car in OKC, but want to be close to classmates. I'm looking to book asap.

brandmasterrc

I ♥ pointSixtyFive
While at the academy I stayed at Anatole. Most of my class mates were either at Isola or Kims. There were 3 of us total at Anatole. I thought it was very nice. We went through faarooms. Did not have to pay anything up front, just told the FAA who our provider was and Dolly from Faarooms did everything else. Isola Bella is kinda run down and dirty. But they do have free food and are close to a Walmart. I had a car so when I needed to travel to study it wasnt a big deal. One of my classmates stayed at Isola until a room through faarooms opened up at Anatole if that tells you anything.

anielm19

Lurker
I guess Anatole is better, but why does everyone keep going to Isola when it's known it's not as enticing? Is it just for the free food?

brandmasterrc

I ♥ pointSixtyFive
probably because it was cheaper and people were pocketing the rest, and keeping their per diem since they fed you, and a lot of classmates are close.

NN9419

Trusted Contributor
but now you can't pocket the extra money, right?
That is correct, as of June 1, it’s ‘use it or lose it.’

As far as Anatole is concerned, I’m actually here now and it’s great. No complaints at all. It is literally 10 mins from the Academy, and about 3 mins from a Walmart, and a shopping center area with tons of big box stores and restaurants.