The Anatole on MacArthur

The Anatole on MacArthur

RedRedApril8

Trusted Contributor
People say that the South is newer and nicer but what is not being said is that the North is ancient and awful with very old appliances and fityy shag carpet. I was there until I saw a unit in the South. It is unbelievable that you pay the same amount for a beautiful, updated cheery unit and a dirty, awful outdated one. Also, all the units on the 1st floor are cement. Stay on the 2nd or 3rd floor (with vaulted ceilings) if you can. My advice is to avoid the North at all costs!
This depends on the provider you go through. We have people in my class on both sides and the apartments are almost identical, appliance and furnishing. Just different lay out. You must have gotten a bad unit

Sunshine

Trusted Contributor
This depends on the provider you go through. We have people in my class on both sides and the apartments are almost identical, appliance and furnishing. Just different lay out. You must have gotten a bad unit
I agree. I'm glad you replied because people need to know that the provider DOES matter. They also need to know that they can switch providers at any time without penalty. I did not know that going in.

brandmasterrc

I stayed in the north complex and it was very nice. I had a classmate across the hall from me that went through the same provider and their unit was also nice. I had zero issues with my provider and would recommend them.

Jbeauregard88

Lurker
I stayed in the north complex and it was very nice. I had a classmate across the hall from me that went through the same provider and their unit was also nice. I had zero issues with my provider and would recommend them.
Which provider did you use? Im in the process of reserving a room for August now.

brandmasterrc

I used faarooms. The POC was Dolly. The place was fully furnished and had a nice little welcome basket when we arrived in our apt. The place was clean, quiet, and above all, did not have any issues with billing/payment. All I did was tell the FAA who to pay, and Dolly took care of the rest.

RedRedApril8

Trusted Contributor
Yup faarooms was super easy to get booked through and haven’t had any issues in my apartment. Has supplies and maps left over from previous classes that have come in super useful for studying non radar. Would definitely recomend going through them.

anielm19

Lurker
I just tried to reserve a room thru faarooms for Anatole from August thru December, but she said nothing is currently available and I'll be put on the waiting list. Should I just wait it out and hope something opens up there or should I try reserving at another place and then maybe switch to Anatole if I get an apartment?

mgcb

Lurker
Anatole is definitely the way to go. Have stayed on both the north and south sides for Tower Cab and RTF. Yes south side is a bit better but both are great and have everything you need. Booked through Dolly with FAA Rooms and she will help you out.

brandmasterrc

I would book something for sure. Dont wait to book something else in the meantime. Get put on the list.

One of my classmates was at Isola Bella for 3 weeks until a room from them opened up. Even when I booked with faarooms, I needed to stay elsewhere for 2 weeks. Theres a reason they are usually booked :)

denver0739

Trusted Contributor
I’ve booked through somebody else other than FAA rooms, but Dolly there responded to my initial request and even when I said i got immediate availability through somebody else she offered to answer any questions I had about academy life or any questions at all.

Super huge plus, if you can get in with them, I bet they’d be good. I’m not at the academy yet but I’ve got a place booked with corporate solutions too, and so far they’ve been super helpful and professional.

My personal thumbs up to both. Hopefully the place is as nice as everybody says 😂

JTL2ATC

Lurker
I just tried to reserve a room thru faarooms for Anatole from August thru December, but she said nothing is currently available and I'll be put on the waiting list. Should I just wait it out and hope something opens up there or should I try reserving at another place and then maybe switch to Anatole if I get an apartment?
Try A&T. They got me in right away, put me on the wait list for South, and got me into south within 6 hours due to a schedule change.

Erick

Trusted Contributor
Stayed at Kim’s (mustang) for initial, lots of fun and helpful staying with classmate. Anatole through FAA rooms fire RTF and loved it. Super nice apartment to myself. Close to the academy and lots of restaurants. Haven’t explored the amenities but it’s quiet and clean. Very excited to never come back to Okc tho.

Sunshine

Trusted Contributor
Corporate Solutions bought A&T literally last week and for the time being are operating under both names until the legal/paperwork is completed. The Corporate Solutions' units were slightly nicer but as the A&T units are turning over to new renters they are bringing them up to the Corporate Solutions standards. For instance, Stephanie the onsite person for Corporate Solutions told me that some of the A&T units didn't have headboards or TVs in the bedrooms and Corporate Solutions were adding the TVs and headboards. They also replaced a few couches. Corporate Solutions is definitely in charge and doing right for the Academy students. I met Stephanie in person, was shown a few units and was VERY impressed.

Last edited:

usanya

Can anyone share the shuttle schedule for Anatole? I can't find it on the academy's website. I start classes tomorrow.