Time to report to facility after graduating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessecatron

How much time is given to report to your facility after graduating the academy. I own a home and boat and I am planning to sell the boat and rent the house if I graduate, and it would be nice to know if I have to do all this before I get to the academy or if I have time afterwards to handle my situation, pack up the house and leave.

How much time is given to report to your facility after graduating the academy. I own a home and boat and I am planning to sell the boat and rent the house if I graduate, and it would be nice to know if I have to do all this before I get to the academy or if I have time afterwards to handle my situation, pack up the house and leave.
It depends on where you go and if you drive or have the FAA buy you plane tickets. You can also use all accrued leave and even LWOP if you ask Nicely and weekends don’t count. So if they give you 5 days to drive to your new facility and it’s a Thursday it’ll be like Friday Mon tues wed Thur

8 work days plus whatever the amount of travel days your specific facility has. I've read other people on this site say they've asked the facility to use their annual leave as well which I think would be like 2 extra days tops

Depends on how far your facility is from OKC could be the next day

It depends on where you go and if you drive or have the FAA buy you plane tickets. You can also use all accrued leave and even LWOP if you ask Nicely and weekends don’t count. So if they give you 5 days to drive to your new facility and it’s a Thursday it’ll be like Friday Mon tues wed Thur
Weekends definitely count as travel days

It depends on your facility assignment. There is a repository on this site that lists the travel days allotted to each facility. You will get placed the day after you graduate. Typically you are free to leave OKC on placement day around 11am and have the rest of that day to travel. Weekends and holidays do not count against you for travel days. You are also allotted 64 hours of change of station time you can use to help with the move.

For example, if you’re placement day is on Tuesday and your facility is allotted 2 travel days but you need 4 days of change of station, your travel days would be Wednesday and Thursday with Change of Station on Friday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.

Thank you all for the clarification. I thought I have found the correct information online, but I wasn't sure if it was pertaining to new hires or not. Also, I'll review MJ's frequently asked questions now. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom