Tower class requirement rumor

Beer

I have no radar experience just CTO and was hired on a prior experience bid. ATM told me last week that since I was hired on the prior experience bid I don’t have to go to RTF. He said it was a recent change.

THEN he come in the next day and informs two other trainees (radar experience, no CTO) they have to go to tower class at the academy. They were hired on the prior experience bid as well.

Make this make sense or if anyone else has heard anything

I have no radar experience just CTO and was hired on a prior experience bid. ATM told me last week that since I was hired on the prior experience bid I don’t have to go to RTF. He said it was a recent change.

THEN he come in the next day and informs two other trainees (radar experience, no CTO) they have to go to tower class at the academy. They were hired on the prior experience bid as well.

Make this make sense or if anyone else has heard anything
Talk to your NATCA rep and get them on this

Didn’t they just change the National training order to make even previous experience people go to tower class?

I have 3 prior military guys training with me with radar experience only and didn’t have to go to OKC and do tower. And they’re all doing tower training now and just started less than a month ago

Yeah, I’m still going to RTF, but the two other trainees are going through radar first and after their cert weren’t expecting to go to the tower class until last week and not to happy about it

Yeah, I’m still going to RTF, but the two other trainees are going through radar first and after their cert weren’t expecting to go to the tower class until last week and not to happy about it
Interesting, my 3 military guys have to do tower here before they can start radar but don’t have to go to RTF or tower class. I wish they could do radar first cause our tower training is super backed up and I’m at the back of the line lol

Interesting, my 3 military guys have to do tower here before they can start radar but don’t have to go to RTF or tower class. I wish they could do radar first cause our tower training is super backed up and I’m at the back of the line lol
Yeah thankfully our management is competent enough to start our 2 prior radar experience in radar. We have 6 trainees starting at the same time so it helps out alot

Yeah thankfully our management is competent enough to start our 2 prior radar experience in radar. We have 6 trainees starting at the same time so it helps out alot
We have 10 lol. 4 transferred right before covid and 7 from OKC. I’m number 7 in line

Back
Top Bottom