Tyndall AFB

HR messes up the bids sometimes. Or they didn’t see the name they wanted to see on the short list.

When I was at Tyndall it was pretty much SOP for someone to retire and come back to work in civvies a week later. Pretty sure every single DoD civilian working there retired from the AF there.

When I was at Tyndall it was pretty much SOP for someone to retire and come back to work in civvies a week later. Pretty sure every single DoD civilian working there retired from the AF there.
Did you also work at Eglin? I feel like I remember reading that maybe. Also, how busy is Tyndall?

Did you also work at Eglin? I feel like I remember reading that maybe. Also, how busy is Tyndall?

nope did all 6 years at Tyndall. It was a pretty busy fighter base when I was there but the busiest part was KPFN. But then PFN closed and ECP opened and all the GA traffic left and traffic died a lot.

nope did all 6 years at Tyndall. It was a pretty busy fighter base when I was there but the busiest part was KPFN. But then PFN closed and ECP opened and all the GA traffic left and traffic died a lot.
Ahh I gotcha. I'm desperately trying to get out of my fac so I'm applying to every gs11 and 12 bid that isn't in too shitty of a town so I'll still apply to this one. Just curious if you've heard anything about regarding the ewr to phl stuff? Are there enough people from ewr who want to leave so they aren't gonna need many new bodies at phl? Or do you think they'd possibly need so many people that they'd open it up with a special priority bid too?

Ahh I gotcha. I'm desperately trying to get out of my fac so I'm applying to every gs11 and 12 bid that isn't in too shitty of a town so I'll still apply to this one. Just curious if you've heard anything about regarding the ewr to phl stuff? Are there enough people from ewr who want to leave so they aren't gonna need many new bodies at phl? Or do you think they'd possibly need so many people that they'd open it up with a special priority bid too?
I hear NQX might have a second opening soon... :)

I hear NQX might have a second opening soon... :)
Appreciate the info but I don't think keys living is for me. I grew up in Lauderdale but don't want to go that far south. Do they have radar down there? That's really what I'm interested in. I've applied to Vance, Eglin, Tyndall... tried Fort Hood but these army hr people won't open up the bid to excepted service guys unfortunately.

Appreciate the info but I don't think keys living is for me. I grew up in Lauderdale but don't want to go that far south. Do they have radar down there? That's really what I'm interested in. I've applied to Vance, Eglin, Tyndall... tried Fort Hood but these army hr people won't open up the bid to excepted service guys unfortunately.
Yes to the radar. I grew up in Pensacola, while Florida does not appeal to me that much I do share your struggle... Also apply anyway, if they run out of qualified candidates they will interview you... I just had an interview for an OCONUS position Friday.

Yes to the radar. I grew up in Pensacola, while Florida does not appeal to me that much I do share your struggle... Also apply anyway, if they run out of qualified candidates they will interview you... I just had an interview for an OCONUS position Friday.
Will do, I applied for Homestead too but even that's a little too far south haha. Maybe key west wouldn't be too bad for a year

personally I think the panhandle is one of the shittiest places you can be aside from the beach lol.

As for the PHL move NATCA still insists it won’t happen but I think that’s wishful thinking. It may not happen as quickly as the FAA hopes but I think it’s a done deal. Probably at least 30-40% of the CPC’s want to go if for no other reason than to get off Long Island.

personally I think the panhandle is one of the shittiest places you can be aside from the beach lol.

As for the PHL move NATCA still insists it won’t happen but I think that’s wishful thinking. It may not happen as quickly as the FAA hopes but I think it’s a done deal. Probably at least 30-40% of the CPC’s want to go if for no other reason than to get off Long Island.
True, I never said the panhandle was nice, just that it's 100x better than where I'm at haha.

I'm thinking it's pretty much a done deal too, word on the street I've heard is 804 is on hold indefinitely until the ewr move is done. I'd imagine the logistics could be a little tricky but they're putting forth a lot of resources to make it happen so I think they can put up a small fight but it's not going to change anything. I'm just curious if they don't get enough people to volunteer to move down, how are they going to work that out? Are the going to give people from other areas first crack at it? Do all the trainees that were assigned the ewr area and haven't finished classroom yet get to go too? Where does the line get drawn?

True, I never said the panhandle was nice, just that it's 100x better than where I'm at haha.

I'm thinking it's pretty much a done deal too, word on the street I've heard is 804 is on hold indefinitely until the ewr move is done. I'd imagine the logistics could be a little tricky but they're putting forth a lot of resources to make it happen so I think they can put up a small fight but it's not going to change anything. I'm just curious if they don't get enough people to volunteer to move down, how are they going to work that out? Are the going to give people from other areas first crack at it? Do all the trainees that were assigned the ewr area and haven't finished classroom yet get to go too? Where does the line get drawn?
supposedlg they’ll be asking PHL people to slide over to EWR and if no one volunteers they’ll make some. The current mou doesn’t allow our trainees to also come to PHL and will go to to other areas in N90 which completely fucks some of them, especially the ones who have already been on AG pay on LI for 2-3 years. Especially since in the meantime they’re being told to just train extra hard and they’re not allowed to move to a different area until the move happens.

Back
Top Bottom