Operational Info​

Facility Level History​

Old LevelNew LevelEffective Date
784/10/2022

External Links​

A/FD

Local Area​

External Links​

So got my number 3, McGhee Tyson in Knoxville TN. Any thoughts? Says a 52% success rate, any reasons why that might be?

So got my number 3, McGhee Tyson in Knoxville TN. Any thoughts? Says a 52% success rate, any reasons why that might be?
My understanding is the terrain and MIAs are challenging for a lot of people

Last edited:
Currently CPC at PDX, originally from Louisville, KY. Looking to move back to the region and TYS is looking like the best bet for my wife and I. Keeps us a good distance from family, but won't have to buy as many plane tickets as we have been since I got here. Considered CVG, LEX, and SDF, but we really enjoy the Knoxville area and are big on the outdoors so TYS is a better option as far as our lifestyle goes. Radar experience is only my training when I was USAF training in 2011 (4ish month tech school, so essentially Nil). Also, cost of living out here is egregious at best, and not very easy to get into the market unless you had property c. 2012 or earlier.

Working on getting a FAM approved but it's tricky with our current manning. Wondering if you guys had any advice on the culture at the facility, and if I could use anyone as a POC for when I try to make a visit. Wouldn't be submitting until later in the year, but eager to learn more. Of course I'll do my appropriate searches for the FAC reps, etc, but figured this would be a good place to start as well. Thanks!

Currently CPC at PDX, originally from Louisville, KY. Looking to move back to the region and TYS is looking like the best bet for my wife and I. Keeps us a good distance from family, but won't have to buy as many plane tickets as we have been since I got here. Considered CVG, LEX, and SDF, but we really enjoy the Knoxville area and are big on the outdoors so TYS is a better option as far as our lifestyle goes. Radar experience is only my training when I was USAF training in 2011 (4ish month tech school, so essentially Nil). Also, cost of living out here is egregious at best, and not very easy to get into the market unless you had property c. 2012 or earlier.

Working on getting a FAM approved but it's tricky with our current manning. Wondering if you guys had any advice on the culture at the facility, and if I could use anyone as a POC for when I try to make a visit. Wouldn't be submitting until later in the year, but eager to learn more. Of course I'll do my appropriate searches for the FAC reps, etc, but figured this would be a good place to start as well. Thanks!

I agree with MJ, the ATM at TYS is a good dude.

Lexington is a really good fac. Great people, decent traffic with a good ATM. Knoxville is awesome because the VOLS

Anyone here at TYS now? How is the facility culture?
When I was going through NEST this was one of my facilities. About 2 years ago I asked some people about it. They said that it used to be really bad. But now there’s a new ATM and supes and facility culture has improved. A lot of good places to live too based on if you have a family or single. So overall sounds like it’s becoming a better place. Again this is 2 years ago and I didn’t end up going here. Hope this helps a little

Back
Top Bottom