What shifts do TMCs work at Centers?

tohow

Lurker
I would like to know what the shifts are typically like at a Z for TMCs. Do they work mid shifts or does the TMU shut down overnight?

This is what their shift is like :p
Yep! Here they just prove they are not colorblind and call down to the area to split sectors whenever they see a color on the board with no regard for proposals or descending traffic. Or you might get a call to administer a T route for weather avoidance that puts the aircraft directly into the weather. But hey, what else would you expect from a level 5 CPC that never worked a day of radar in their life?

You would think by not having to work mids and having a pretty normal sleep cycle they would be the fittest bunch in the center. Nope, they are most sloth like bunch you will ever see. Eating McDonalds in between licks of the OMs cock

I would like to know what the shifts are typically like at a Z for TMCs. Do they work mid shifts or does the TMU shut down overnight?

Typical schedule: 6:00-14:00

6:00-7:00. Show up and bitch about all the work you have to do
7:00-7:05. Actually do the work
7:05-8:00. Find menus and do breakfast run
8:00-9:00. Eat breakfast, complain about how
Much work you have done.
9:00-11:00. Take well earned break but complain about how you have been working all morning.
11:00-12:00. Figure out lunch run
12:00-13:00. Lunch break.
13:00-14:00. Go back to desk and call areas that are alerting in “red”. Offer no solutions.
14:01. Leave work knowing you alone keep the NAS running!

Typical schedule: 6:00-14:00

6:00-7:00. Show up and bitch about all the work you have to do
7:00-7:05. Actually do the work
7:05-8:00. Find menus and do breakfast run
8:00-9:00. Eat breakfast, complain about how
Much work you have done.
9:00-11:00. Take well earned break but complain about how you have been working all morning.
11:00-12:00. Figure out lunch run
12:00-13:00. Lunch break.
13:00-14:00. Go back to desk and call areas that are alerting in “red”. Offer no solutions.
14:01. Leave work knowing you alone keep the NAS running!
13:00-14:00 issue TMIs to increase the workload of your controllers while doing nothing to make the inbound traffic better for them

Yep! Here they just prove they are not colorblind and call down to the area to split sectors whenever they see a color on the board with no regard for proposals or descending traffic. Or you might get a call to administer a T route for weather avoidance that puts the aircraft directly into the weather. But hey, what else would you expect from a level 5 CPC that never worked a day of radar in their life?

You would think by not having to work mids and having a pretty normal sleep cycle they would be the fittest bunch in the center. Nope, they are most sloth like bunch you will ever see. Eating McDonalds in between licks of the OMs cock
But my dad worked that area so i'm familiar with it

Whenever there’s been heavy storms and delays and GDP’s in effect all day, they like to remove all programs at 2200 when they go home so that the 2 schmucks on the mid get slammed til 0200

Back
Top Bottom