ZJX whistleblower

P

PushingTin

JAX center is very popular today!

So what's the real deal w this Jax Center whistleblower? I don't mean who blew the whistle, but what procedure wasn't being followed? Look n go's on the mid? PVDing instead of proper pointouts? Apparently the ATM was "reassigned"!

JAX center is very popular today!

So what's the real deal w this Jax Center whistleblower? I don't mean who blew the whistle, but what procedure wasn't being followed? Look n go's on the mid? PVDing instead of proper pointouts? Apparently the ATM was "reassigned"!

This includes the report.... a good read.

EXCERTS

-A review of data from February 2016 to June 2018 provided by ZJX, documents at least 43 instances where coordination required was not performed for aircraft transiting the Lake City/Lawtey sectors.

-Controllers from the Perry/Micanopy and Mayo sectors are not calling via landline to initiate an Approval Request (APREQ) from controllers working other sectors.

-He stated it is limited to several Air Traffic Controllers (ATCS) in the Central Area.

-It was noted during several interviews that controllers would not perform required coordination if controllers other than the whistleblower were present, but if the whistleblower is working a control position, most controllers will perform required coordination.

-The whistleblower told us that at on April 22, 2017 he was involved in an event that resulted in disciplinary action in which he received a Letter of Reprimand (LOR). During that event, he stated he had an aircraft, TN63EE, that was southbound at FL390 and that the Perry/Micanopy sector initiated a handoff on an aircraft, (West Jet) WJA2802, northeast bound at FL390 that was IAFDOF per the SOP. He observed that the two aircraft would be in confliction and stated he did not take action to resolve the conflict because he was waiting for the Perry/Micanopy controller to call and APREQ the IAFDOF. The whistleblower reported that Conflict Alert activated between the two aircraft and he issued a radar vector to TN63EE and WJA2802 was descended to FL380 by the other controller.

- Certified Professional Controller (CPC), Gulf Area – Whistleblower

read between the lines....

Last edited:
Purposely let's a/c get close to prove a point and force an "IAFDOF" apreq? what a Scumbag! Literally everybody hates working with "that guy". Must have been picked on badly or been dropped on his head as a child.

"Gosh darn Central Area controllers and your cowboy controlling. Get off my lawn! Respect my authority and call me for pointouts and I'll probably say "unable" or give erroneous traffic to flex my power! Hehehe"
thats a leap...
did you read the report? Especially the second allegation... this is prime material for a rant about management. I don’t know if the guy is “that guy” or not but it’s irrelevant based on what’s written in the report. he did everything he was supposed to do and management made the problem worse.

Back
Top Bottom