ZNY

ZNY

Anybody at ZNY know how/if you can set up a visit? I work oceanic comms across the street, just got picked up for enroute, but never ventured over before. Thought about calling the listed number posted on here, but wasn't sure if that was the right way to do it.

Let me know if it's a good idea, or a pain in the ass for you guys haha

Last edited:

breakaway2000

Legendary Member
Always tour. Always. Even though you're from there you could walk in, talk to guys, see the environment and it could immediately confirm that this is where you want to end up or... you could see all that, and hate it and know you can cross it off your list. Every tour I've ever been on has been an eye opening experience. As far as setting up a tour, I always go straight to the top with the ATM and/or the facilities NATCA rep. I've never had an ATM or rep not email me back, but maybe that's a minority. Anyway... I'll PM you their contact info.

Always tour. Always. Even though you're from there you could walk in, talk to guys, see the environment and it could immediately confirm that this is where you want to end up or... you could see all that, and hate it and know you can cross it off your list. Every tour I've ever been on has been an eye opening experience. As far as setting up a tour, I always go straight to the top with the ATM and/or the facilities NATCA rep. I've never had an ATM or rep not email me back, but maybe that's a minority. Anyway... I'll PM you their contact info.
Awesome, thanks again!

jkeis862

Lurker
I actually live like 10 minutes away from here, and I should be heading down to OKC soon for the academy once my clearances all check out. So, you guys think that it is a good idea to tour the facility beforehand? Just send them an email explaining my situation and see what they can do? Thanks for the help, love the wealth of knowledge that I have received from this website.

boots

Forum Sage
I actually live like 10 minutes away from here, and I should be heading down to OKC soon for the academy once my clearances all check out. So, you guys think that it is a good idea to tour the facility beforehand? Just send them an email explaining my situation and see what they can do? Thanks for the help, love the wealth of knowledge that I have received from this website.
I think ZNY is still one of the facilities you can go to regardless (could be wrong) wouldn’t be a bad idea to tour the facility.