5-1-12. POSITION REPORTING
If necessary, you may request an aircraft to provide an estimate or report over a specific fix. After an aircraft receives the statement “radar contact” from ATC, it discontinues reporting over compulsory reporting points. It resumes normal position reporting when ATC informs it “radar contact lost” or “radar service terminated.”
- When required, inform an aircraft of its position with respect to a fix or airway.
- OVER/PASSING (fix).
- (Number of miles) MILES FROM (fix).
- (Number of miles) MILES (direction) OF (fix, airway, or location).
- CROSSING/JOINING/DEPARTING (airway or route).
- INTERCEPTING/CROSSING (name of NAVAID) (specified) RADIAL.