Hiring Bid FAA-FAA-24-PUB NOT-87164 (Prior Exp Rolling Bid)

There's a chart hanging around somewhere that has contracts and military equivalent to FAA level. I wonder if I can find it.

Edit: found it. Post in thread 'military experience vs FAA' military experience vs FAA
That is from FY18, so very old at this point. Unless they have an updated one, I imagine much of that has changed, but in traditional FAA fashion, I'm sure HR still uses it. Its so bad that they have a navy heliport listed as equivalent to a level 9 tower. Everyone with half a brain knows how that would work out. Interesting document overall though.

That isn’t too accurate. It lists the facility I was at as an 8 but I got several 9s on my list. There are a handful of military locations (Air Force) that you will receive 8-10s.
It's old, but it still gives you the right thought process of how busy of a facility you were at (numbers wise) and what they equate it to on a FAA level. For example, 100k ops a year sits about a 8. That probably hasn't changed, but numbers obviously have.

That is from FY18, so very old at this point. Unless they have an updated one, I imagine much of that has changed, but in traditional FAA fashion, I'm sure HR still uses it. Its so bad that they have a navy heliport listed as equivalent to a level 9 tower. Everyone with half a brain knows how that would work out. Interesting document overall though.
Sorry boss, been looking for an updated one but you know...

It realistically falls under the needs of the agency and simply just timing. Many moons ago my buddy and I had the exact same experience (single cto from the same tower). His list consisted of about 7 low level up/downs and when I eventually got a list, I had about 20 tower only. Also, don’t make the mistake of thinking the faa gives a single fuck about pattern work. If those 1k+ days mainly consist of touch&go’s, you’re wasting your energy being confused by their decision. They seem to care more about how many cto’s you have than the traffic behind them.
4 FCT CTO's. Highest I have is lvl7 this time

Outside of 120 days and received a TOL. Currently at 200 days out from separating. Should I email HR rep or just let everything ride? Feeling I should just let it ride now. Thanks!

Outside of 120 days and received a TOL. Currently at 200 days out from separating. Should I email HR rep or just let everything ride? Feeling I should just let it ride now. Thanks!
All the information they needed should be on your statement of service, if you submitted one, but also on the forms you had to return when you accepted the TOL. There were the blocks of information you needed to fill in with your EAOS and terminal leave dates (if you have it in already). I would let it ride if you filled out the forms correctly.

There's a chart hanging around somewhere that has contracts and military equivalent to FAA level. I wonder if I can find it.

Edit: found it. Post in thread 'military experience vs FAA' military experience vs FAA
Interesting. Says we are equivalent to a 7, but those numbers are off by about 25,000. We would be right at the edge of 7/8 with 2023 numbers and I was told I'm not qualified to train at anything above a level 7 per the placement "SME's". There's a good number of FCTs running genuine level 7 traffic and their employees could confidently train at 8s and 9s. Wild they're still limiting priors to the academy grad facilities with all the shortages in 8s and 9s.

Interesting. Says we are equivalent to a 7, but those numbers are off by about 25,000. We would be right at the edge of 7/8 with 2023 numbers and I was told I'm not qualified to train at anything above a level 7 per the placement "SME's". There's a good number of FCTs running genuine level 7 traffic and their employees could confidently train at 8s and 9s. Wild they're still limiting priors to the academy grad facilities with all the shortages in 8s and 9s.
It is a really old comparison.

Don’t quit the FAA folks this is my laughable list…
I got bored this is according to airnav which I know isn’t the most accurate…I got offered maybe two facilities that do more operations than what I am currently doing lol.

FACILITYOPS/DAYFACILITYOPS/DAY
ACK165FAI312
AGC160FAT253
AGS102GRB98
ALB147GTF95
ANC230HIO695
BIL273HLN130
BIS84HTS30
BTV308JAN134
CAE165JCF???
CPR103LFT117
CPS269LNK205
CRW132MAF156
DAY108MWH212
DLH168PNE229
DSM211PUB537
ERI67PVD181

I got bored this is according to airnav which I know isn’t the most accurate…I got offered maybe two facilities that do more operations than what I am currently doing lol.

FACILITYOPS/DAYFACILITYOPS/DAY
ACK165FAI312
AGC160FAT253
AGS102GRB98
ALB147GTF95
ANC230HIO695
BIL273HLN130
BIS84HTS30
BTV308JAN134
CAE165JCF???
CPR103LFT117
CPS269LNK205
CRW132MAF156
DAY108MWH212
DLH168PNE229
DSM211PUB537
ERI67PVD181
Any up/down listed is obviously not accurate as airnav is simply average operations to that single airport. Doesn’t take into account radar traffic. Not even sure how they get their numbers tbh.

Any up/down listed is obviously not accurate as airnav is simply average operations to that single airport. Doesn’t take into account radar traffic. Not even sure how they get their numbers tbh.
Actually a solid point I didn’t think about. I have a up down ticket but that didn’t cross my mind.

All the information they needed should be on your statement of service, if you submitted one, but also on the forms you had to return when you accepted the TOL. There were the blocks of information you needed to fill in with your EAOS and terminal leave dates (if you have it in already). I would let it ride if you filled out the forms correctly.
Didn’t submit a statement of service, but did fill out the paperwork with the dates. So let it ride, thanks

Isnt countops what is the actual reported number?
Yeah, but I think you can only see that info from an FAA computer. ATADS is good (a month behind usually) reference to use if not at work or don't work for the FAA yet.

Yeah, but I think you can only see that info from an FAA computer. ATADS is good (a month behind usually) reference to use if not at work or don't work for the FAA yet.
Countops I have checked from home, it's like the third result or something whenever I Google it

Countops I have checked from home, it's like the third result or something whenever I Google it
Now that I'm looking into it, I think we're talking about the same thing. Thought maybe they were different, but never really paid that much attention when looking at them.

Back
Top Bottom