2017 prior exp bid open next week

MJ

Administrator
Staff member
There will be a new prior experience bid that opens on 4/28. Only open for 5 days, so get those docs ready.

There will be a new prior experience bid that opens on 4/28. Only open for 5 days, so get those docs ready.

Is this the "summer bid" people have been talking about or do you think there will be an OTS bid later this summer?

Current rumor is June for OTS bid, which is crazy to me based on how many TOL's were issued on the last OTS panel. Heck, the more the merrier I guess.

Current rumor is June for OTS bid, which is crazy to me based on how many TOL's were issued on the last OTS panel. Heck, the more the merrier I guess.

Bizarre.

Reliable word is that almost 3000 TOL's have been issued for the August '16 bid (enough for two FY's worth of hiring), so roughly the same amount as the March 2015 OTS bid. Adding to that, there are a metric ish ton of folks that have even yet to receive CIL's with people saying that HR reps are only allowed to send out 6 CIL's per week, per rep.

I'd be interested to find out if this was planned in advance or if it's reactionary. This was the first time in several years where there were predicted net add for CPC's, and Between the increased academy attrition and normal attrition it seems possible that is going to be undone. They need to get people into facilities asap and the academy can't push any more through. My gut tells me a late summer ots bid, but that's total speculation on my part.

Reliable word is that almost 3000 TOL's have been issued for the August '16 bid (enough for two FY's worth of hiring),
Reduce that number by 1/3 for people who actually end up making it to a facility.

I'd be interested to find out if this was planned in advance or if it's reactionary.
That was my first thought as well, a gut reaction to the poor academy numbers. You just don't obliterate the record for most TOL's in a single hiring panel, then have another less then a year later. Maybe they're forecasting a sharp decline in CPC numbers after the CPC reinstatement language came out lol.

So if this is to be true, will the rest of us from the prior bid roll over, or will we have to reapply?

So if this is to be true, will the rest of us from the prior bid roll over, or will we have to reapply?
That is the million dollar question, will they roll you guys over like the old days prior to the BQ or will they make you retest. Logic says it would save them 10's of thousands of dollars not to retest ~2,200 qualified applicants, but the FAA and logic don't go hand in hand.

That is the million dollar question, will they roll you guys over like the old days prior to the BQ or will they make you retest. Logic says it would save them 10's of thousands of dollars not to retest ~2,200 qualified applicants, but the FAA and logic don't go hand in hand.
I wouldn't count on it! Just resubmit an application!

Back
Top Bottom