Academy Placement with Spouse in FAA

How do you think the other government agencies do IT. Now hiring mailmen. But you might get sent to Guam!
I don't like the process but like I said that doesn't mean it isn't working. I hope they see staffing is getting better and do change it back to regional hiring. If they don't the hardships will only continue to increase.

Spouse combos are quickly becoming one of the more common FAA scams. They almost never are easy to work with and create strife in their buildings more then they help in almost every example I have seen or heard of. They almost always have a sense of entitlement too as they are used to and now expect to get what they want as that was the case in the military and now their first step in the FAA.

Agree. Generally speaking I think it is fair to say that spouse controller couples do not enhance facilities, but diminsish them. Even if the things they do are not "scams" exemplified, they almost always get away with things you or I would not, by playing that card. "We need off. We have childcare issues. We need similar crews. Sister crews. Me me me me me. I'm entitled.". Many cases you also have that very creepy and unprofessional dynamic of the 50+ year old facility old dawg "trainer" marrying the 25 year old trainee.... Which is a whole other can of worms. Bad!

Just throwing in my two cents. I'm a controller at ZLA and my husband just got picked up at the academy. We sent in a spouse placement form and were told he could be placed anywhere nearby but ultimately got slated for ZLA. I don't think its a horrible thing. We have a ton of people getting signed off and then transferring. He'll be here to stay. We won't be in the same area so it wouldn't really matter that we were married overall.

Just throwing in my two cents. I'm a controller at ZLA and my husband just got picked up at the academy. We sent in a spouse placement form and were told he could be placed anywhere nearby but ultimately got slated for ZLA. I don't think its a horrible thing. We have a ton of people getting signed off and then transferring. He'll be here to stay. We won't be in the same area so it wouldn't really matter that we were married overall.
if he wasn't placed at zla and ended up going terminal versus en route was there a certain mileage he had to be within from your facility?

yes it is. some places dont have multiple or lower lvl facilities in the area though. No ones getting DFW or DEN out of the academy ?
There was a guy who was tower track, his wife was a cpc at ZLC. He was going to get SLC out of the academy bc it was the only place they could put him, but he failed his evals. This was 2016. What an idiot lol.

Back
Top Bottom