Anyone here been holding a TOL from the Jan 2013 VRA hire?

Huntin_GI

I ♥ pointSixtyFive
Trying to see if anyone else is in this boat. Before y'all dive into the "you shouldn't be allowed" and "that's not fair", trust me I have heard it 1000 times. Just trying to see if any of yall had been long term TOL holders and how your process panned out. I noticed Sugarfoot mentioned he was a direct enroute pickup and they forced him to terminal/schoolhouse and right now I'm holding a ZOA TOL but have no idea what will happen when I finally finish this damn enlistment.

Trying to see if anyone else is in this boat. Before y'all dive into the "you shouldn't be allowed" and "that's not fair", trust me I have heard it 1000 times. Just trying to see if any of yall had been long term TOL holders and how your process panned out. I noticed Sugarfoot mentioned he was a direct enroute pickup and they forced him to terminal/schoolhouse and right now I'm holding a ZOA TOL but have no idea what will happen when I finally finish this damn enlistment.
Thats not what happened to me. I was prior exp bid hire that was issued an enroute TOL. I accepted it and completed my checklist then when I was sent a list it was all terminal spots. I was hired off the Dec 2015 Prior Exp bid

I have a buddy who applied VRA just before the shutdown of 2013. He thought he was screwed so renelisted. In early 2014 they sent him a TOL for Memphis Tracon completely out of the blue. He's talked to HR and they say it's still good. He gets out next year I think.

I have a buddy who applied VRA just before the shutdown of 2013. He thought he was screwed so renelisted. In early 2014 they sent him a TOL for Memphis Tracon completely out of the blue. He's talked to HR and they say it's still good. He gets out next year I think.

I got some of the same feedback. Part I'm confused by is the whether or not we will still end up bound to that original facility. Since then everything is completely different including the facility assignment portion.

Plan to wait 8-12 months to actually start training at ZOA once you arrive from the schoolhouse. They have a huge backlog.

Part I'm confused by is the whether or not we will still end up bound to that original facility.
I won't say no completely because weird stuff happens, but I would be prepared to go somewhere else. Most likely you will be handled like they do for people currently, with a list to select from . The old process used to issue a tol To a fac, then change the offer if they wanted anyway.

I'm not worried about going into the new system. I would just prefer to stay slated for en-route. Evidently there are a few of us out there still from that bid and we are now "legacy applicants" what ever that means. At least thats how they refer to us when calling HR. Hopefully that does something to expedite the process.

Back
Top Bottom