Change of Station Leave

SugarFoot1

Trusted Contributor
I have read the article in the CBA regarding COS leave. I have heard that in addition to using it within 2 years, that you can't get it again within 2 years. I didn't read that in the CBA but does anyone have any experience with this. I know its rare to have relocated twice in less than two years so I don't think many have had to encounter this. Possibly a question for HR when the TOL comes. Also, before all the NCEPT bashers start in on me, 1) I did not block anyone from leaving by getting selected this panel because only 2 of us had eligible ERRs submitted and we both got selected, 2) I have been here longer than the amount of time it took my trainers to get me certified and 3) I didn't submit an ERR on the first panel I was eligible (it would have blocked someone from leaving if I did).

Good luck on finding your answer, for what it is worth when I leave my facility to ZTL I will have been there 22 months. Most guys here are happy so I didn't block anyone and two more got picked up this panel. I was prior experience though and wasn't given travel/move days so I can't answer your question.

Side note: it is stupid all those caveats have to be thrown out

Good luck on finding your answer, for what it is worth when I leave my facility to ZTL I will have been there 22 months. Most guys here are happy so I didn't block anyone and two more got picked up this panel. I was prior experience though and wasn't given travel/move days so I can't answer your question.

Side note: it is stupid all those caveats have to be thrown out
Im prior exp also and transfer from DoD. I was given 8 move days after I arrived at Lexington. (Still have one or two left). You should have been given days

I have read the article in the CBA regarding COS leave. I have heard that in addition to using it within 2 years, that you can't get it again within 2 years. I didn't read that in the CBA but does anyone have any experience with this. I know its rare to have relocated twice in less than two years so I don't think many have had to encounter this. Possibly a question for HR when the TOL comes. Also, before all the NCEPT bashers start in on me, 1) I did not block anyone from leaving by getting selected this panel because only 2 of us had eligible ERRs submitted and we both got selected, 2) I have been here longer than the amount of time it took my trainers to get me certified and 3) I didn't submit an ERR on the first panel I was eligible (it would have blocked someone from leaving if I did).
You had very good trainers... At least through the tower

I've never heard of a two year rule. We've had people come here (use 64 hours of PCS leave), wash out, and then get another 64 hours of PCS leave. It is about your duty assignment location not the time between duty assignments.

I've never heard of a two year rule. We've had people come here (use 64 hours of PCS leave), wash out, and then get another 64 hours of PCS leave. It is about your duty assignment location not the time between duty assignments.
I plan on taking mine on this side so when I get there I already have all my affairs in order and can just focus on training

I called my regional HR but they referred me to the guy in OKC who gave me my original FOL and he basically said too bad for me. Was like I was speaking gibberish at first then said it was almost two years ago so too bad. Mentioned that my ATM (has since been replaced) has the sayso in that so he may have just not approved the days. Idk, could talk to my current manager but don't think I will make much headway with him. Both managers I have had are new, my FLM is new and our current manager is sort of impossible to work with
You absolutely should've been give 64 hours RL. If you want to pursue it, you'd be able to take 128 hours on your move to ZTL

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom