Controlling Nerves During Evals

Yeah, the nerves don’t go away until you’re sitting in the chair, after a few minutes you should be in the zone. and then the nerves come back as soon as they make you wait in the hall for your grades...
Oh God, thinking about that hallway gives me PTSD. Waiting in that hallway was by far the worst part.

Once you give that first instruction to enter down wind to our Lord and Savior Cessna 2-papa-tango the nerves just melt away and you just work it.

Last edited:
How are you going to controls your nerves in real life, with real airplanes? Generally you won't be able to do burpees in the corner or walk laps outside. Nerves ate definitely a part of this job and absolutely something that should be tested at the Academy. If you unable to keep your wits talking to fake airplanes what happens when an aircraft calls you with an emergency? Nerves are a part of the process and the learning experience. Find what works best for you but know the nervers won't disappear after the Academy.

How are you going to controls your nerves in real life, with real airplanes? Generally you won't be able to do burpees in the corner or walk laps outside. Nerves ate definitely a part of this job and absolutely something that should be tested at the Academy. If you unable to keep your wits talking to fake airplanes what happens when an aircraft calls you with an emergency? Nerves are a part of the process and the learning experience. Find what works best for you but know the nervers won't disappear after the Academy.
The amount of nerves/stress/whatever is at least 10x worse at the Academy than at a facility. It's totally different and on that level I'd say there's no comparison.

The amount of nerves/stress/whatever is at least 10x worse at the Academy than at a facility. It's totally different and on that level I'd say there's no comparison.

Absolutely true. The academy pressure is a whole different animal then once you get out to your facility.

Thanks! The next couple weeks of more book work is probably the worst in the whole program, but Radar problems are a blast
Eh, worth it. NR had its fun moments when you knew how to miss the traffic on your preplan, but definitely glad I’ll be able to see the planes now haha.

Back
Top Bottom