Coronavirus.....will classes be canceled? Postponed?

WavesAndClouds

Trusted Contributor
It looks like the imminent spread of Coronavirus is upon us. I was curious if the FAA would consider canceling upcoming classes when and if this contagion spreads across the country.

Also curious to see how it will affect controllers across the country, assuming air traffic might be drastically reduced.

They should be. I warned everyone of this and they laughed! Bio weapon unleashed but no one thinks it will hit their backyard. Lookout for major sick leave hits coming soon in areas where localized super spreading is going on. Right now that's Norcal and Oregon. The masks wont help. This is one of the worst jobs you could have for transmission. forced to touch equipment right after slobs with no hygiene. Youd think the #BestJobInTheWorld would have better than deathly Ill people inconsiderately coming to work to infect e everyone else.

It's already ravaging Chy-na, South Korea, and Italy. Globalization and supply chains mean there is 0 chance for containment. Dark days ahead. Especially for the airlines.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our traffic is already way down due to this. So many less flights to China.

I feel like its important to get the pronunciation right. I like to always say and think of it "Chy-na" the Trump way! May as well have some levity in the face of the pandemic.

50B684BD00000578-0-image-a-10_1538008853385.jpg

They should be. I warned everyone of this and they laughed! Bio weapon unleashed but no one thinks it will hit their backyard. Lookout for major sick leave hits coming soon in areas where localized super spreading is going on. Right now that's Norcal and Oregon. The masks wont help. This is one of the worst jobs you could have for transmission. forced to touch equipment right after slobs with no hygiene. Youd think the #BestJobInTheWorld would have better than deathly Ill people inconsiderately coming to work to infect e everyone else.

It's already ravaging Chy-na, South Korea, and Italy. Globalization and supply chains mean there is 0 chance for containment. Dark days ahead. Especially for the airlines.
We need to have a beer buddy. You are like Phillyman on steroids except you’d probably let me crash on your couch unlike him.

We’re supposed to get upgraded in March. Hoping they don’t try to hold it up saying our traffic is gonna fall from this, even though they wouldn’t be wrong. This is probably the next 9/11 or Great Recession for our industry.

Well when you call me telling me how you're gonna leave so much blood and semen on my couch it's gonna look like a John Wayne Gacy crime scene, what do you expect me to do?

Live look at Corona Virus vaccine trial...

giphy.gif

If any thread should be locked, it's probably this one.

no one lieks a hall monitor.

Back
Top Bottom