CPC-IT pay with facility upgrade

KevH

Is anyone familiar with how CPC-IT pay is actually handled for a facility upgrade? The Slate Book says:

"CPC-ITs/TMC-ITs/TMS-ITs in a facility whose ATC FPL increases will have their Basic Pay increased by six percent (6%) for each level the facility is raised up to the pay band maximum and will continue to receive the other one-half (1/2) of the transfer pay when certified in the new facility."

Receiving a 6% pay bump and then the remaining 1/2 of transfer pay on checkout would likely still have me slightly below the new pay band. Do they recalculate the second half of the transfer pay based on the new level? I'd assume I'd at least go to the bottom of the pay band. Not at all a pressing issue right now, but if anyone is familiar with what actually happens I'd appreciate the input.

Yeah, I would think that would be certain but the wording in the Slate Book is awkward, or at least my reading of it is. Just one of those things that is really not important at this point but still under my skin. Thanks for the reply!

Kev you will either get a 6 percent raise or go to the bottom of the pay band, whichever is greater. Half of that is on your first day at the new spot, the other half will be after full certification. Ideally you want to get there before the june 1.6 raise to increase pay more on the new pay scale.

I wanted to piggy back off this question.

I just found out my Level 5 facility is being downgraded from 5 to a 4. Out of the academy in October I signed on knowing it was a 5 and currently hold D3 status and probably won’t CPC for another month or 2. do I hold level 5 pay when I CPC or do I fall to the level 4 pay band?

I’m guessing I’ll hold level 5 CPC pay until I reach the top of the band of the 4..?

Yeah, but it would take a hot minute to reach that. Unless you plan on staying there your entire career I wouldn't worry much about it.

Kev you will either get a 6 percent raise or go to the bottom of the pay band, whichever is greater. Half of that is on your first day at the new spot, the other half will be after full certification. Ideally you want to get there before the june 1.6 raise to increase pay more on the new pay scale.

Thanks man, but I was wondering how pay is handled for a CPC-IT training at a facility that gets an upgrade. The wording in the Slate Book is throwing me off more than it should. I'm sure if the upgrade happens that I'll be at the bottom of the new pay band after checking out, but the paragraph on CPC-ITs isn't as clear to me as the one on CPCs and developmentals.

Thanks man, but I was wondering how pay is handled for a CPC-IT training at a facility that gets an upgrade. The wording in the Slate Book is throwing me off more than it should. I'm sure if the upgrade happens that I'll be at the bottom of the new pay band after checking out, but the paragraph on CPC-ITs isn't as clear to me as the one on CPCs and developmentals.
My bad dude. Totally read the thing wrong

Yeah, but it would take a hot minute to reach that. Unless you plan on staying there your entire career I wouldn't worry much about it.
Thanks for the info. It’s my first facility out of the academy so I Don’t plan on staying- everyone here is about to jump ship now that we got downgraded.

Back
Top Bottom