DCA what is going on

Is it required to issue traffic for the LUAW and intersecting runway ops? If so at busy airports is this overlooked at times due to volume or is it expect to be done? I feel if both incidents traffic was issued it probably wouldn’t have happened. So it looks as if they didn’t know what they were doing but idk how a busy tower operates.

Is it required to issue traffic for the LUAW and intersecting runway ops? If so at busy airports is this overlooked at times due to volume or is it expect to be done? I feel if both incidents traffic was issued it probably wouldn’t have happened. So it looks as if they didn’t know what they were doing but idk how a busy tower operates.
Yes, if someone is landing or departing a crossing runway you are supposed to issue traffic to both the LUAW aircraft and the one landing/departing. I think most people do this but when it isn't done is if you decide to change your plan and put someone in position after clearing the other guy or vice versa. Going back and issuing that traffic when you're busy is a pain in the ass.

Yes, if someone is landing or departing a crossing runway you are supposed to issue traffic to both the LUAW aircraft and the one landing/departing. I think most people do this but when it isn't done is if you decide to change your plan and put someone in position after clearing the other guy or vice versa. Going back and issuing that traffic when you're busy is a pain in the ass.
That makes sense thanks for the reply

What about the earlier deal where ground crossed the guy in front of the departure. That seemed like a complete error right? (Edited)

Back
Top Bottom