Decipher this FOL.

Huntin_GI

I ♥ pointSixtyFive
Hey y'all,

After almost 5 years of waiting, I received my FOL. I know I have the question about prior experience pay at the academy but the result of that thread seems to conflict with my FOL. I have attached it for review and redacted anything that would be private.

My interpretation would be AG pay until facility, whereas previously we had concluded it was D1 during enroute initial training (after basics) at the academy. I know its only a difference of 1200 a month for 3 months, but I want to make sure this is correct. Honestly, they could offer me peanuts and a mountain dew during the academy and I would accept the position.

Attached is the FOL so y'all can see what I am talking about in regards to the pay.

Attachments

• FOL.pdf
    124.6 KB · Views: 240
Copy all. I had been expecting the D1 but the FOL made it seem that that wouldn't happen until I got to ZDV (if I pass of course). Comes up to around 1500 pre-tax difference for the three months at OKC.

For enroute with prior experience and no save pay from DOD, you’ll get AG pay at the academy and then get D1 when you get to ZDV. After your first 2 d-sides you’ll get a 6% raise and once you get all the d-sides you’ll be at D2.

For enroute with prior experience and no save pay from DOD, you’ll get AG pay at the academy and then get D1 when you get to ZDV. After your first 2 d-sides you’ll get a 6% raise and once you get all the d-sides you’ll be at D2.

This is what I was looking for. Thanks for the data.

New hire to ZDV, who'd you blow?

Its not in my nature to kiss and tell. ;)

New hire to ZDV, who'd you blow?

I don’t know if you really need to blow anyone to go to zdv anymore. With housing costs spiraling up, I think it’s desireability takes a bit of a hit.

Of course, Colorado weather is awesome. But in the most desireable center spots I think it probably slid back slightly. But still better then ZOA and ZNY, lol.

I don’t know if you really need to blow anyone to go to zdv anymore. With housing costs spiraling up, I think it’s desireability takes a bit of a hit.

Of course, Colorado weather is awesome. But in the most desireable center spots I think it probably slid back slightly. But still better then ZOA and ZNY, lol.
Place blows don't go there

Place blows don't go there

I spent four years there actually.

I wouldn’t say it’s that bad, it’s got the same problems many other places have.

The reality of the FAA is the best place is either the place you are going to next, or the place you left, but never the place you are at.... there is always greener grass out there, or so I think. I keep believing that.

Decision came down to lifestyle and pay. It's 2nd to none as far as hunting and fishing opportunity goes and still "afforable" compared to other places that I was interested in going.

Back
Top Bottom