FAA Email about travel authorization question...

Just received an email about my travel authorization has been approved. What does this mean?

If you’ve got a class date it just means people at the Travel Office have started your file for per diem, travel pay, etc. You don’t have to do anything at this time.

If you’ve got a class date it just means people at the Travel Office have started your file for per diem, travel pay, etc. You don’t have to do anything at this time.
Ok thank you and what is covered under travel pay? I will be renting a vehicle and driving up tomorrow from Florida.

Ok thank you and what is covered under travel pay? I will be renting a vehicle and driving up tomorrow from Florida.

IIRC, they only pay for mileage driven (I can’t remember how they give you per mile) or airfare, whichever is cheaper.

Awesome that will cover my rental and some gas.

Pretty sure they won’t cover the rental just the mileage. They might not cover anything. I’m renting a car while I’m here and because of that they didn’t pay me mileage from the airport to where I’m staying which they would’ve paid if I took and Uber or LYFT.

You can call and ask.

I don't remember what the exact number is, but it's x cents per mile or your airfare paid for, which ever is cheaper for them.

The government rate on airfare has gone down a ton. I remember getting reimbursed like $900-1,000 from ATL to OKC because it worked out better for me to drive than fly. It looks like the mileage is 54.5 cents per mile now.

Pretty sure they won’t cover the rental just the mileage. They might not cover anything. I’m renting a car while I’m here and because of that they didn’t pay me mileage from the airport to where I’m staying which they would’ve paid if I took and Uber or LYFT.

You can call and ask.

You get a flat rate of 50 cents a mile (or close to it) OR the cost of the airfare. I believe he was saying that the reimbursement would cover the cost of his rental, not that they would pay for the rental. I got something like 450 to drive from NH. That was the cost of a plane ticket because that was the cheaper option.

You get a flat rate of 50 cents a mile (or close to it) OR the cost of the airfare. I believe he was saying that the reimbursement would cover the cost of his rental, not that they would pay for the rental. I got something like 450 to drive from NH. That was the cost of a plane ticket because that was the cheaper option.

Exactly.

They also pay mileage to/from the airport but they didn’t pay me that because I rented a car. Somehow I only got $330 for flying from Hawaii idk how that works. Got the least out of everyone in my class.

Back
Top Bottom