Facility "grade" explanation.

macdadams

FAA
Facility
MKC Kansas City Downtown Tower
Apologies if this is already explained elsewhere on the board, but I'm looking for an explanation of the two letter facility grades. For example, my level 5 tower is an EH. I believe I understand that the first letter is the facility level. E is the 5th letter of the alphabet and it's a level 5. How about the second letter? It seems like everyone at my facility just copies someone else for their paper work without actually knowing what they are putting down?

Apologies if this is already explained elsewhere on the board, but I'm looking for an explanation of the two letter facility grades. For example, my level 5 tower is an EH. I believe I understand that the first letter is the facility level. E is the 5th letter of the alphabet and it's a level 5. How about the second letter? It seems like everyone at my facility just copies someone else for their paper work without actually knowing what they are putting down?

H=CPC

I was certain that it pertained to the type of facility. Up/Downs, Tower only, TRACON, etc. So everything is an H. Guess I made that overly complicated. Thanks.

First letter is facility level:
4-12 corresponds with D - L

Second letter is training level:
AG - C
D1 - D
D2 - F
D3 - G
CPC - H

LH would be a cpc at a lvl 12
ID would be a d1 at a lvl 9
Etc...

Also the second letter continues on....