Medical Flight Surgeon Medical Reporting

What if I get lasik surgery? Is that also something you wouldn’t know how much time you’re out for til the day you get surgery?
If your planning on something like that you should talk to your own regional flight surgeon in advance. Or if you don’t want to do that call the AMAS medical thing through NATCA. We aren’t allowed to hide medical procedures from the faa so you might as well just ask the questions you want answered in advance

I’d guess that lasik would require you to say how you are doing after the fact. It’s not going to just be a standard amount of time

What if I get lasik surgery? Is that also something you wouldn’t know how much time you’re out for til the day you get surgery?
Schedule the surgery, call your flight surgeon ahead of time to get the paperwork for the after the fact follow up with your doctor. You’ll have your doctor fill out the form once you return for the follow up to make sure your vision is fine, usually within the week. Mine was 2 days. They will return your medical once the receive the form from your doctor.

That’s all there is to it.

I honestly don’t know what region I’m in but it’s west coast and I got prescribed something that would disqualify you and called to ask about it and that I wouldn’t take it if it DQd me and they said it would and that was it. Told them I wouldn’t take it and nothing happened.
If you’re California, you’re Western Pacific. Oregon and Washington state are Northwest Mountain

Back
Top Bottom