FSS jobs in the private sector

Jwatkins_365

Just was curious... what are some different ways I can go about going into the privatized sector of FSS? I don't know if I'd want to live in AK for the rest of my career and saw that there are some companies that deal with this sort of work in the lower states...

Just was curious... what are some different ways I can go about going into the privatized sector of FSS? I don't know if I'd want to live in AK for the rest of my career and saw that there are some companies that deal with this sort of work in the lower states...
I presume go to the website for the company that has the FSS contract and wait to see if there is a job posting, or seek out the hiring agent and preemptively send them your information and qualifications. In theory you should be one of the best qualified. You would make more in base salary doing it through a contractor too (though the benefits would not be as good).

Leidos is the company with the contract now. I’m not sure how often they’re hiring, they’ve done a good amount of consolidating recently (going from 5 facilities to 2). The only 2 left are in Ashburn VA (just outside of DC) and Ft Worth TX.

I’d go to Alaska and learn from the pros for a few years.
You’ll never get a good briefing from Leidos or Lockheed (whoever has the contract

Those guys/gals/theys in Alaska work the same area, know the weather patterns and their shit.

Back
Top Bottom